Assaulted

Resette was upset when she got home. She always refused to deal with her emotions until she wasn't busy, so she put away the antique. 

As she stepped into the cold shower she found herself upset because she wasn't angry. She wanted to be angry, she should be angry, the girl insulted her, but she had no anger. It perplexed her longer than it should have and even after that. She was missing a part of the equation, a reason why. But when she looked into the waitress's eyes she saw something that she didn't know how to name. And when she caught a glimpse of the bartender's eyes it was something she didn't want to. 

So instead of thinking about it further she stepped out of the shower. She began to think about her next step with Pamona. Obviously she didn't want to partake in business with the woman but she had to. She would figure out a way to get her father's things without her. 

She stepped into her room and changed into pajama's, then the doorbell rang and she wanted to scream. She looked over to Ambrose who was peacefully asleep and she let him be. She went downstairs and grabbed her gun before opening the door. 

There stood Sheriff Charming. 

Resette did not hide her disgust and did not put her gun down, luckily he couldn't see it. 

"Miss Goldborne, you need to come with me-" He said with a smirk on his face. 

"Like hell I do." Resette hissed out. "Tell me what you want and get the fuck off of my property." 

"Ma'am, I'm going to ask you to please remain calm-"

"I am calm, you best tell me why you are here so I will remain so." 

"Miss Goldborne, Pamona was attacked." 

Resette's brows knitted. "What do you mean?" 

"Pamona was attacked, she nearly died. She's in the hosipital now-"

"When?"

"What?"

"When did this happen?" 

"I'm going to ask you to come with me. We have a few questions about your business with her down at the station."

Resette took a deep breath before closing her door. She swiftly went up the stairs and into her room and changed into proper attire. She put her gun in a holster and put a coat on. She could hear the sheriff banging on the door. She rushed downstairs and opened the door again, this time stepping out.

"Please get in the vehicle-"

"I'll be driving right behind you, sheriff." 

Sheriff Charming grumbled before getting in his car. 

"Would you please state your name for the record?" The sheriff asked while a voice recorder began. 

"Resette Goldborne."

"How did you know miss Pamona?"

"My father was in business with her. When he was deported she transferred her business with me."

"How long did you know her?"

"All my life although, I did not do business with her until I was sixteen."

"You were seen leaving Pamona's place of work with her daughter and an employee. What are you doing?"

"I bought an antique from her, she made her employees put it in my car."

"Did you have any anger or resentment for Pamona? Anything that made you want to hurt her in anyway?"

"No. She was a valuable asset and her critical condition is not benefitting me in any way."