000. a day in film

THE CLICKING OF A CAMERA BEING TURNED ON, followed by the blinking light of the recording, standby light flashing. We hear jumbling as the camera is focused, and we see a close up of PARIS MONET, who's clearly holding the camera incorrectly. 

PARIS: Is this thing on? 

XANDRA CHO (offscreen): Can't you see the red light, dumbass?

PARIS, frowning: Okay, you don't have to be mean, Xands

XANDRA (offscreen): My name is Xandra

PARIS: And my name isn't London, but Theo doesn't give a shit, so why should I?

The camera shakes, being passed to DEXTER THORNESS, who holds the camera properly, and zooms out so his face is in frame. He smiles. 

DEXTER: Hello! 

THEO SUN-LAURENT crowds in, squeezing his face next to DEXTER's. 

THEO: Who are you talking to?

DEXTER: I don't know. Our future selves? 

NAOKI MAE (offscreen): Are you recording? 

THEO: Yes, we're making a fantasy porn video. 

ILLIAS CROSS (offscreen): Stop making Dexter embarrassed, Theo, we talked about this. 

THEO: Sorry, Mom! 

DEXTER: Uh--

The camera is snatched by XANDRA, who holds the camera up in widescreen, and behind her we can see crumbling buildings encased in vines and ivy. Small black pits have opened cracks in the sidewalk, which our characters carefully avoid, winding around them in long snakelike paths. They're walking the streets, armour and weapons strapped to their bodies. THEO and PARIS chase each other in and out of screen as XANDRA speaks: 

XANDRA: For some context, since these dimwits can't make a proper video, we're on our very final mission before we're admitted to the level of an authorised Keeper. That's people who fight demons in the dream realm. 

ILLIAS (entering screen): Also, just so you know, you can't show anybody this. 

XANDRA: I'm not stupid.

ILLIAS, frosty: I never said you were. 

PARIS (squeezing between the two): I'm gonna kill someone with my lightsabers! 

THEO: Rome, we're gonna get copyrighted. Shut up about your Star Wars shit, and put your mouth to actually good use, like--

XANDRA: If you finish that sentence I'm going to pants you so fast you'll feel a friction burn on someplace unspeakable. 

THEO: Ah. Gotcha. Shutting up. 

PARIS (muttered): Plus, we're not even releasing this. We can't get copyrighted, dumbass. 

THEO: What did you say? 

PARIS: You heard me.

They begin bickering, and XANDRA storms away, leaving the camera to ILLIAS, who blinks at the camera slightly. 

ILLIAS: I have no idea how to use one of these. 

THEO (offscreen): Old man! 

PARIS: I'M GOING TO KILL YOU, SUN-LAURENT.

We hear the sound of PARIS's lightsabers activating, a humming sound. THEO yells and we see them sprint behind ILLIAS. 

ILLIAS: Guys, seriously, this isn't the time--

𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐒On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara