Part 2

I looked at Pidge's screen as she tried to hack into the cameras of the little set up the Garrison put up around the ship. Lance was looking through the binoculars. "What the heck is that thing? And who the heck is she?" Lance asked aloud. Pidge hit him. "Ow! Alien ship, right" he went back to doing his assigned job. "We'll never get passed those guards" Lance stated, lowering the binoculars. "I guess there's nothing we can do but go back to the barracks, right?" Hunk suggested. I grinned. "We could bash some heads" I smashed my fist into the palm of my other hand like I was punching it. "Absolutely not" Pidge said. I sighed. "I got the cameras feed" Pidge stated. We all looked at the screen. There was a man strapped to a table. I noticed that he had a robotic arm. "That's Shiro, the pilot of the Kerberos mission, he's my hero" Lance exclaimed. "Looks like he's not dead in space after all" Hunk said. "Where's the rest of the crew?" Pidge questioned. "We need to get him out of there" I looked at the others. "I hate to be the voice of reason, always, but weren't we watching on TV because there was no way to get past the guards?" Hunk asked. "Yeah but no we have reason" Lance responded. "Bash some heads?" I asked Pidge. "Bash some heads" she nodded. I grinned. "But first we need a distraction" Lance said. Then explosions went off in the distance. "Alien attack?" Hunk asked. "No, it's a distraction, for him" Pidge pointed. I looked and saw a boy with a black mullet. A mullet I knew anywhere. "Keith?" I questioned as I made my way down the rock and towards the ship. I hid behind a rock next to Keith's. He looked over and his eyes widened. I smiled at him before running into the ship. There were three scientists in there. "Isn't that Iverson's daughter?" one of them asked. I scowled as I spun and landed a kick to his head, knocking him out. Keith, right behind me, knocked another one out with a punch. We looked at each other before knocking the last guy out together. Once they were dealt with, Keith took his bandana off of his face and cut the straps that held Shiro. "It's nice to see you again" I said to the boy. "It's good to see you too, Melody" he smiled at me. "No no no no no no, oh no you don't, I'm saving Shiro and Melody's off limits!" Lance barged in and wrapped Shiro's arm around his shoulder, who was at first being held up by Keith. "Who are you?" Keith asked. "Who am I, uh, the name's Lance" Lance replied. Lance blinked as there was no response from Keith. "We were in the same class at the Garrison" Lance said. "Really? Are you an engineer?" Keith asked. "No, I'm a pilot, we were like rivals, you know Lance and Keith, neck and neck" Lance answered. "Oh wait, I remember you, you're a cargo pilot" Keith stated. I put my hand to my mouth, trying to hold back my laughter. "Well not anymore, I'm fighter class now, thanks to you dropping out" Lance retorted. "Congratulations?" Keith said. "Do not congratulate him" I crossed my arms. We began making our way out of the ship. We went over to Keith's ride. Keith got on and held his hand out to me. "You don't mind if we catch a ride with you, do you?" Hunk asked, getting on anyways, causing the thing to tilt, which sent us flying for a moment. I climbed on behind Keith. "Is this thing gonna be big enough for all of us?" Pidge asked. "No" Keith answered. Then the headlights of the Garrison trucks came in front of us. Keith instantly flipped the switch and we were flying. Lance handed Shiro to Pidge, who questioned why she was the holding him. "Can't this thing go any faster?" Lance asked. "We could toss out some non-essential weight" Keith replied. "Good id-wait, I see what you did there" Lance huffed. Keith then instructed for Hunk to lean to the left. Keith dodged every truck and knocked them out while instructing Hunk to lean to help navigate the craft. "Hey guys, is that a cliff?" Hunk asked. "Yep" Keith smiled as he sped up. I wrapped my arms around him as we went over the cliff side. Lance, Hunk and Pidge screamed. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! YOU'RE GONNA KILL US!" Lance yelled. "Shut up and trust me!" Keith shouted back. We landed safely. 

"So how do you two know each other?" Pidge asked. "Who? Keith?" I questioned. She nodded. "I was his co-pilot before I became yours" I explained. Lance just huffed and crossed his arms. Shiro had woken up and was outside with Keith, so we took the chance to talk. Soon, Keith and Shiro came back in.  Keith pulled a tarp off of a big cork board. There was a map and pictures stuck to it. "What have you been working on?" Shiro asked. "I can't explain it really, after I got booted from the Garrison, I found myself lost and kind of drawn to this place, It's like some energy was telling me to search" Keith explained. "For what?" Shiro asked. "Well, I didn't really know at the time, until I stumbled across this area" Keith pointed to a spot on the map. He then explained the location to us. I looked at the pictures that he was describing to us. They were of ancient carvings of a blue lion. "They all lead up to some arrival that happened last night, then you showed up" Keith looked at Shiro. Shiro turned to us. "I should thank you all for getting me out, Lance, right?" Shiro held out his robotic hand. Lance was hesitant for a moment, but then smiled and shook his hand. "The nervous guy's Hunk, I'm Pidge" Pidge introduced. "And you're Melody, Iverson's daughter" Shiro held his hand out to me. I nodded and shook his hand. "Did anyone else from your crew make it out?" Pidge asked. "I'm not sure, I remember the mission and being captured, but after that, it's just bits and pieces" Shiro answered. "Sorry to interrupt, but back to the aliens, where are they now? Are they coming? Are they coming for us? Where are they at this very moment?" Hunk asked. "I can't really put it together, I remember the word 'Voltron'" Shiro stated. "As in like this?" I pulled out Pidges notebook from her bag and turned to the page. "Yeah, it's some kind of weapon that they're looking for, but I'm not sure why" Shiro said. "Then we need to find it before they do" I gave the book back to Pidge. Shiro nodded. "Well, last night, I was going through Pidge's stuff, and I found this picture, look it's his girlfriend" Hunk held up the picture. "Hey!" Pidge snatched the picture from Hunk's hands. I knew it wasn't Pidge and her 'girlfriend', it was Pidge and her brother. "What were you doing in my stuff?" Pidge asked, taking her bag from Hunk. "I was looking for a candy bar, but then I started reading his diary" Hunk held up the notebook, I previously gave back to Pidge. "WHAT?!" Pidge grabbed the book back. "I noticed the repeating series of numbers the aliens are searching for looks a lot like a Fraunhofer Line" Hunk stated. "Frown who?" Keith questioned. "It's a number describing the emission spectrum of an element, only this element doesn't on Earth, I thought it might be this 'Voltron' and I think I can build a machine to look for it, like a Voltron Geiger counter" Hunk explained. "Hunk, you big, gassy genius" Lance complimented, crossing his arms. "It's pretty fascinating, really, the wavelength looks like this" Hunk pulled out a drawing. "Let me see that" Keith took the paper from Hunk and held it up to one of the pictures on the board. With that, we were on our way.