Part 10

We were about to take off when suddenly, the power shut off. After hours, Shiro woke up, Lance was still knocked out and I was now not pretending to be knocked out. Shiro and I had our hands bound behind our backs. "Haxus! I want whoever's in this ship found and terminated!" Sendak yelled. "Commander Sendak, I've received a transmission generating from somehwere inside" the guy known as Haxus stated. Not gonna lie, I was terrified. I could hear Allura and Pidge's voice as Haxus played what he found. Now I was even more terrified. Sendak ordered for his soldiers to find and kill Pidge. Now, I was panicking. Shiro and I sat there silently. With each minute that passed, I was becoming more scared and even more worried. I could hear the sound of my heartbeat. As I looked at Lance, I remembered the first time I met him. 

~flashback~ 

I was always and excellent flyer, that was a fact. However, I didn't like to be the one in control, I preferred to be assisting. I had changed into my Garrison uniform. Since my last team got split up because our pilot dropped out, I was put in a new team. I walked down the hall and to the message board, where I could find out who my teammates were. Standing there were three boys. "Excuse me" I moved past them to look at the board. The tall brunette stood next to me, a smirk on his face. "Well hello there" he greeted. I glanced at him before returning to what I came to look at. "So what are you? An engineer or?" he questioned. "I'm a co-pilot" I answered. "For who?" he looked at the board. "Whoever Lance McClain is" I replied. He froze. I raised a brow at his reaction. "So you're Melody Iverson" he turned to me. I nodded. "This must mean that you're Lance" I turned to him. His face was red. "Well, welcome to the team Melody" he wrapped his arm around my shoulders and turned me to the other two. "This is Hunk and this is Pidge" he introduced them. They both said hello. That was the start of my new team. 

~flashback end~

Since then, Lance has always called me Cutie. Even though I've warned him about it, he still does it. But now, I don't even care what he calls me as long as he's okay. I heard Pidge when Sendak asked for Haxus. "Well then maybe your friends can convince you" Sendak smiled and evil grin. Sendak came over to us. "Your friend wants to hear from you" Sendak evilly grinned. "Shiro? Melody?" Pidge questioned. "Pidge?" Shiro and I called out. Sendak then shocked us which caused us to scream out in pain. Sendak then threatened to continue to make us suffer if Pidge didn't turn herself over. After a while, I became exhausted. I hung my head as Sendak threw insults at us. After some time, Sendak's arm went flying. I looked up and saw Pidge. "Melody!" she cried out. Sendak grabbed her. "Pidge!" I called out. "You really thought your little hologram trick would work with me?" Sendak asked her. Then Keith and Allura showed up. I growled. Then I heard movement next to me, it was Lance. He was only awake for a moment but he used it. He summoned his bayard and shot Sendak before passing out again. That was enough for me. Shiro got up and rammed into Sendak's side. Then Keith attacked but was thrown to the side. Pidge came in and severed the link between Sendak and his magical arm. I got up and kicked Sendak in the face. Once my foot made contact, I changed the direction of my body, spinning and hitting him again with the other foot. Pidge sent her bayard wrapping around Sendak's leg while Keith attacked with his sword that was stopped by Sendak's grasp. "Keith now!" Allura yelled. Keith pushed himself off of Sendak and Sendak was stuck inside of a barrier. Lance finally woke back up. Keith got rid of my restraints and went to help Lance. "We did it, we are a good team" Lance smiled at Keith. The two of them were holding onto each other. It was heartwarming. 

We put Lance into a pod in the infirmary so he could heal. "A day in here and he should be fully healed" Allura said. I smiled. We then turned to Pidge. "Pidge, we can't thank you enough for what you did, I can't help but feel that you were meant to be apart of our team, but I understand if you want to leave" Shiro stated. I blinked a few times. "YOU WANT TO LEAVE?!" I questioned, obviously shocked. "WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?" I turned to the others. "It was before the explosion" Keith crossed his arms. "It's okay, because I'm staying" Pidge said. I turned around and tackled her. "Scare me like that again, I dare you" I tightly hugged her. The others hugged her too. "Dad used to tell me how close he was with his crew members, they were like family, now, I understand what he's talking about" Pidge smiled. "Now let's stop Zarkon for all of our families."