Chapter 4: We Are One

Zayn looked up, scared as he saw Harry in front of him. He looked up surprised when he saw his mother, Demi in front of him after they both roared at each other.

"Demi." Camila's father said, in anger.

"Harry." The lioness said with a smirk, looking behind him. "Ariana."

"Demi."

"Louis, Niall!" Louis said, arriving with the other guards. "Now that we know each other, get out of our Pride Lands!"

"Your Pride Lands?!" Demi yelled, scaring Louis. The small meerkat as he climbed up and went to hide behind Niall.

"These lands belong to Calum!" She said.

"I banished you from the Pride Lands! Now you and your young cub, get out! You don't belong here." Harry spoke with a firm tone of voice, it was still intimidating though.

"Oh, you haven't met my son, Zayn?" Demi says, her voice becoming threatening and raspy. "He was the one chosen by Calum, to follow in his paw prints and become king."

"That's not a king!" Louis exclaims. "That's a fuzzy maraca!"

"Zayn was the last born before you exiled us to the Outlands! Where we have little food, less water." Demi said.

"YoI know the penalty for returning to the Pride Lands!" Harry said.

"But the child does not!" Demi yells. "However, if you want your portion of flesh, here." She said as she pushed Zayn towards Harry.

Camila saw that Zayn was shaking, looking terrified as her father looked down at him. Harry looked at the small nervous cub, knowing he didn't have the courage to hurt him even if he was related to Calum.

"Take him and get out. We're finished here." Harry said as he leaned down and picked up Camila by her neck with his teeth then turned towards Demi.

"Oh, Harry," she said, chuckling. "We have barely begun." She says as she picked up Zayn with her mouth by his back and walked away.

Everyone started leaving to their lands. Camila looked behind, her eyes locking with Zayn's hazel eyes once again. She whispered goodbye and Zayn did the same as him and his mother went in the direction of the Outlands.

Camila just hoped she could see him again in the future.
——————
Camila looked down as they walked through the Pride Lands with the guards. She was embarrassed because of all the drama and she was also hurt because she had to leave her new friend. With Zayn it was a real friendship that barely even started.

At the sight of Pride Rock, they stopped. The guards kept going and Ariana looked back and Harry and Camila. They made eye contact and Ariana left and walked away. Camila then started to get nervous when she realized that she was alone with her dad and would probably be scolded.

She sat down on the little rock where Harry had put her down and looked up at him smiling sweetly but then it faded when he looked at her with a serious face. She dropped her head down, sighing.

"Camila, do you even know the risk of what you did today? You could have been killed!" Harry scolded.

"B-But dad I didn't mean to disobey I-" Camila started saying but Harry cut her off.

"Look, I'm telling you this because I love you." He says, sitting next to his daughter who's sitting on the rock and rubbed his face next to hers. "I don't want to lose you. If something happened to you, I don't know what I would do. One day I won't be here, and I need you to take my place... You're part of the great–"

"Circle of Life. I know." Camila says, sighing. She has heard this a lot of times.

"Exactly. And as future queen-"

"But what if I don't want to be queen?" Camila complained. "It's no fun."

"That's like saying that you don't want to be a lion. It's in your blood, as I am. We are part of each other."

Harry gave Camila a little push off the rock as she huffed when she landed with her tail in front of her eyes. She looked up at Harry who was telling her to get up. Camila did so and followed her father, walking beside him through the kingdom.

Harry:

As you go through life you'll see
There is so much that we
Don't understand
And the only thing we know
Is things don't always go
The way we planned
But you'll see every day
That we'll never turn away
When it seems all your dreams come undone
We will stand by your side
Filled with hope and filled with pride
We are more than we are
We are one

Chorus:

Family
Family
We are one
Family
Family
We are one

Camila:

If there's so much I must be
Can I still just be me the way I am?
Can I trust in my own heart?
Or am I just one part of some big plan?

Harry:

Even those who are gone
Are with us as we go on
Your journey has only begun
Tears of pain, tears of joy
One thing nothing can destroy
Is our pride, deep inside
We are one

Chorus:

Family
Family
We are one
Family
Family
We are one

Harry:

We are one, you and I
We are like the earth and sky
One family under the sun
All the wisdom to lead
All the courage that you need
You will find when you see
We are one!

Chorus:

Family
Family
We are one
Family
Family
We are one

When they reached Pride Rock, Harry turned to Camila, who looked at him confused as she doesn't know what he's talking about. "As long as you live here, it's who you are. You'll understand someday." Harry said as he hugs Camila close to him and walked away, leaving Camila in the entrance, smiling and walking inside.

Camila sat on the closest rock, thinking about everything that happened on that day and how much he admired her father's words. She still thought Zayn, she wondered if the hazel-eyed cub was okay.