Chapter 12

Harry's pride strides onto the plain, opposite the Outsiders. Harry stalks along the line of lionesses.

Several antelope and zebra lift their heads, then flee.

Zayn and Camila race through the rain toward the warring prides. In-between them and the battlefield, the gorge splits the land. Half of the gorge is full of water and dammed by logs. Several giraffes and okapis flee from the prides.

The Outsiders form a battle line, while Demi climbs a tall rock. Vultures circle overhead.

Harry stands at the head of his pride. Louis and Niall march out in front of Harry's pride. They turn and shake their butts at the Outsiders. "Nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah!"

"It's over, Harry!" Demi spoke up. "I've dreamed of nothing else for years!"

"Boy, does she need a hobby." Louis rolled his eyes.

"Last chance, Demi, go home." Harry said firmly to the rogue lioness.

"I am home!" Demi replied as the thunder cracked and the lightning flashed. "Attack!" she then commanded her pride.

Her pride responded with their battle cries as they roared moving forward.

"Go for the eyes!" The lioness coached her pride. "Break his jaw! Hit him low! Get them! Do what you must!"

Louis and Niall were even joining in.

"What do we do?" Niall asked, panicking. "What do we do?!"

"There's only one thing we can do, Niall: When the going gets tough, the tough get going'," Louis replied. "That's our motto."

"But I thought our motto was Hakuna Matata?" Niall asked, confused.

Louis holds his hands to his head. "Niall, stop livin' in the past! We need a new motto." Louis lunges toward the battle. "Yeehaw!" The meerkat and warthog let out a battle cry as they charged for the lionesses, but soon stopped and turned the other way in fear.

An Outsider turns toward Louis and Niall and roared. Louis and Niall pull up short in terror and screamed. "Like I said," Louis and Niall run away. "let's get going!" and he and Niall ran away screaming.

Zayn and Camila climb down the gorge to where the logs form a dam. Camila crosses to safety. Zayn follows, but a log dislodges itself, and he nearly falls into the river. He regains his footing and continues following Camila. Meanwhile, Victoria bounds up a tall rock and looks down on Ariana.

"Where's your pretty daughter, Ariana?" Victoria growled.

"Victoria!" Ariana groveled back.

Victoria leapt down onto Ariana and the two began to roll around the hill and fought fiercely. Louis and Niall used their weapon which made the lionesses run away in fear.

Louis and Niall flee from the Outsiders. Louis and Niall smack into a rock wall. They turn to face the Outsiders, cornered and shrieked.

The Outsiders surrounded Louis and Niall and growled. Louis plasters himself against the rock wall, while Niall turns his back on the Outsiders and crouches, hiding his head in his hooves and whimpers. Louis looks from left to right frantically and whimpered. Louis notices Niall's butt, which is stuck up in the air.

Louis grins and chuckles deviously. Louis jumps onto Niall's butt and cocks Niall's tail like it's a gun. He levels it at the Outsiders. "Don't anybody move!" he shouted and the outsiders growled. "This thing's loaded." Niall looks over one shoulder at Louis. "I'll let ya have it!" he shouted, making the outsiders scream girlishly and they flee.