Chapter 8: First Lesson

"Harry... Harry!" Ross's voice called. "Help me!"

"Father!" Harry called back.

He then heard a familiar evil laugh. He looked up to see a darkened figure who was rocking by the moonlight. "Calum?" he then wondered.

"Dad, just a little further." Harry said as he reached out for his father.

Calum latched onto Harry's upper foreleg.

"Gotcha..." Calum grinned maliciously. "Trust me..."

"Harry!" Ross called out. He began to slip and slide down the gorge like he had done in the past which led to his untimely death.

"Nooo!" Harry yelped, before glaring at Calum. "You!"

Calum laughed wickedly before he slowly morphed into Zayn.

"Zayn?" Harry asked, confused.

Zayn laughed as he let go of Harry and made him fall with Ross to die while laughing.

Harry woke up then panted heavily from that rather horrific nightmare.

————
The next day came sooner than anyone knew. Camila woke up earlier than anyone else to meet Zayn for her hunting lesson.

She spotted Zayn away from Pride Rock, but not that far.

"Good morning!" Camila giggled. "I'm ready for my first lesson!"

Zayn looked surprised to see her.

"Surprised ya, huh?" Camila said.

Zayn looked back, confused as to why he didn't see Harry.

"Hey, c'mon, let's go!" Camila said.

Zayn then shook his head and followed after her to start on his hunting lesson for Camila. And where her lesson weren't going so well as he had hoped.

———
"Three..." Zayn counted with a sigh. "Two..." he said. "One..." he sighed before he ducked down after he finished counting.

"Gotcha!" Camila took a leap of faith only for her to miss him and landed on her back.

Zayn walked towards Camila and stood over her.

"You could hear me... huh?" Camila smiled in slight embarrassment at her fail.

"Only a lot." Zayn told her. "You are still breathing too hard." He said. "Relax." Zayn flexes his claws in the dirt. "Feel the earth under your paws, so it doesn't shift and make noise."

Zayn was about to teach her the next step for him to see her already doing just that.

He saw a flock of birds landing down behind a hill which gave them the perfect opportunity to show Camila how to hunt.

"Shh. Watch the master...and learn." Zayn had his claws extended just as Louis was forging for bugs. And where it caused the meerkat to scream.

Zayn came over which terrified the meerkat even more.

"Don't eat me! Please! I... I... I never really met your tyrant," Louis stammered nervously. "I mean, uh— Calum. Calum. Oh, heck of a guy. A little moody, but, I..."

"Louis, what are you doing here?" Camila looked annoyed.

"Camila! Thank goodness! Oh..." Louis said. "Hey, for once, we're not following ya." Louis defended himself and Niall. "This just happens to be the best smorgasbord in the Pride Lands! Bugs everywhere! But, you don't call for a reservation, and, yeesh!" Louis marches up to the birds. "Get outta here, ya scavengers! Go on! Shoo! Shoo!" Louis then glared and tried to shoo away the birds from the bug spread. But it didn't seem to work as one of the birds seemed to glare back at him before it pecked his nose. "Ow!" he said. "Oh..." Louis was then in pain and his nose glowed red from the pain. Niall was then rushing down the hill to scare off more of the birds.

Niall groaned from the weight of all the birds on his back. "Oh, Louis, I'm gettin' tired. I gotta lose some pounds."

Louis climbs onto Niall's snout and shoos away the birds. "Shoo! Go on! Shoo! Shoo!" he said and Zayn and Camila stride toward Louis and Niall.

"Hey, maybe," Niall jerks his head at Zayn. "he could help!" Niall looks expectantly at Louis, who is standing on his back. "D'ya think?"

"Shoo!" Louis called before looking mostly to Zayn. "Oh, yeah, sure... There's an idea... Let's let the vicious Outsider—Hey, wait!" Louis points triumphantly at the sky. "I have an idea!" He hops to the ground and gestures to Zayn. "What if he helps?"

"What?" Niall asked.

"You wanna lend a voice? Huh?" Louis asked as he mimics a roar. "Grr. Grr." Louis spreads his arms wide. "Roar! Work with me!" Louis said before mimicking some growls.

Zayn looks questioningly at Camila. "Huh?" he asked her, confused.

"Like this..." Camila walked over to the birds and let out a roar which scared them away instantly.

"Wahoo! Come on, do it again, do it again!" Louis cheered as he got on Niall's back.

Zayn soon roared next.

"Yee-haw!" Louis cheered with a laugh.

Suddenly, they were running down a hill as the birds were flying away into a route.

"Why are we doing this?" Zayn asked. "What's the point of this training?"

"Training?" Camila asked, laughing. "This is just for fun!"

"Fun?" Zayn asked as though he had never heard of the word before.

Louis and Niall ran by as the meerkat was holding onto a bird's leg.

"Yeesh. Kid, you gotta get out more often!" Louis laughed to Zayn before cheering.

Zayn then tried his best to join in on the fun and even cheered with them on the way down the hill.

They continued to have fun until they saw a herd of rhinos. The birds sat on the rhinos' heads with smirks.

"Uh-uh." Camila said.

The birds then blew raspberries at the other animals which made the rhinos charge for them.

Zayn, Camila, Louis, and Niall turn and run away. The rhinoceroses stampede after them. Camila rounds a corner.

"Whoa!" Camila screamed.

Zayn rounds the corner.

"Whoa!" Zayn screamed.

Louis and Niall round the corner.

"Hey, rhino!" Louis screamed from on top of Niall's head.

Everyone soon turned to the left. When they did, they hid away as the rhinos kept charging and luckily, had missed them.

"What a blast!" Zayn cheered.

"Oh... Sorry." Niall replied sheepishly.

"You're okay, kid." Louis smirked and gave Zayn a noogie.

"Hey!" Zayn called.

This caught Louis off-guard slightly. "...You're okay..."

Zayn and Camila were brushed up against each other and looked rather bashful towards each other. Louis and Niall had ended up on the walkway to find a way out. "Excuse me. Pardon me. Pardon me. That's it, that's it, that's it!" Louis said and Niall grunted. In the struggle, Zayn and Camila accidentally brush muzzles. They pull apart, smiling sheepishly.

"Um, s-sorry." Camila said nervously. Zayn and Camila squeeze out of the crevice after Louis and Niall and Camila giggles.

Louis and Niall stand at the mouth of the canyon.

"Hey!" Louis shouted as he puts his hands on his hips. "Are you two comin' or what?"

The two of them laughed sheepishly and purrs seemed to mix in with their laughter.