Chapter 10

The next day, Zayn was going to tell his lover why they were there at first. He frowned a little as he woke up to see Camila and he knew that he couldn't keep this hidden from her any longer. He had to tell her the truth about himself after he was found and taken by Demi. Zayn decided to tell her right away. "Okay, I have to tell her today. Oh, where do I start? "Camila, Demi had a plot, and I was part of it, but I don't wanna be, because... It's because I love you." he sighs. "She'll never believe me." Zayn walks back toward the den. "But I gotta try." Zayn enters the den. "Camila," Camila approaches him with a smile. "I need to talk to you."

"Camila!" Harry calls out to her. Zayn and Camila turn toward Harry.

"I don't want you talking with him," Harry smiles at her. "I want to talk with him."

Camila smiles, while Zayn looks concerned. Harry winks. Zayn and Harry walk out of the den, and Camila watches them go happily. The scene transitions to a barren landscape of scorched ground and dead trees. Zayn and Harry walk across the plain together.

"Calum couldn't let go of his hate," Harry narrated to Zayn. "And in the end, it destroyed him."

"I never heard that story of Calum before, he truly was a killer." Zayn frowned.

"Fire is a killer. Sometimes, what's left behind can grow better than the generation before... If given the chance." Harry replied as he put his paw down and slightly raised dust to show a young plant there.

There was an evil chuckle behind the dust which seemed to make Zayn rather nervous.

"No... Oh, no..." Zayn feared the worst.

"Why... Harry..." Demi emerged from the darkness.

"Demi..." Harry narrowed his eyes.

"What are you doing out here, and so..." Demi grins. "Alone?" Demi smirked as the lionesses circled Harry. "Well done, Zayn. Just like we always planned."

"You!" Harry glared to Zayn.

"No! I didn't have anything to do with this!" Zayn yelped in defense.

"Attack!" Demi demanded.

Luke lunges at Harry. Zayn even tried to help Harry, but it was no use so far. Harry was suddenly thrown at the bottom of a ravine.

"Yes!" Demi cheered. "We've got him!"

Victoria and the other lionesses rushed after Harry which made him flee away into the canyon.

"Remember your training as a unit!" Demi called to her lionesses.

"Harry!" Zayn panicked.

Luke emerged from the lionesses as he planned to do something to get his mother's attention once and for all.

"Get him, Zayn, get him. Do it now!" Demi demanded.

"I'll do it for you, Mother!" Luke laughed as he emerged from the crowd. "Mother, are you watching?!"

"I'm doing it for you... And I'm doing it for me!" Luke snarled to himself.

Harry loses his footing. "Ah!" he cried. Luke grabs onto one of Harry's back paws and Luke whoops. Harry winces when he felt Luke grab onto his back paw.

"This is my moment of glory!" Luke laughed. The log Luke is standing on breaks, causing him to fall. "What? No!" Luke soon slipped and fell. The logs seemed to start tumbling and falling as Luke was trapped.

Harry climbs higher, kicking more logs down the pile. Luke struggles to free himself. He looks up in fright as more logs fall toward him. Harry climbs to safety. Meanwhile, more logs fall, raising dust. After a moment, the dust clears. Zayn bounds down to the bottom of the gorge and starts to pry the logs off Luke.

There was then a loud crash sound heard down below. The levers looked down to see that Luke had been painfully crushed by the logs.

Zayn looked horrified while Demi frantically pushed away the logs. "Luke..." Demi frowned.

"I'm sorry, Mother... I tried..." Luke said weakly as he was dying.

Demi quietly shushed her son so then he wouldn't have to use any of his strength. Luke's eyes shut and he soon died in her paws.

"Luke..." Victoria frowned as she came by Demi's side.

They soon knew right away that he was dead.