Prologue

Panam POV

Leaving Night City was the worst fucking decision we could've made. Hell at first it was great, V and I got hitched. Neither of us knew I was pregnant yet. I took V to my connections to get him fixed up, but it didn't help much. It didn't take long for him to get sick, but we knew I was pregnant around that time. When we got to Arizona, that's when it went south. Arasaka found us, they brought a God damned army! With V sick and dying and me being pregnant we were up shits creak! V, that bastard, locked me in a secret room with Johnny's handgun and Guts, his shotgun! When the dust settled and I shot that fucking door down, my family was gone. What hurt the worst was that I gave everyone a proper burial except my husband. His body was nowhere to be found. "Well, kid looks like we're going back." I said as I put my hand on my belly.

I returned to Night City and went to a trusted friend. "VIC! I need your help." I said as I burst into Vic's office, "Thought you and V left? What are you doing standing in my office?" he asked, "V's dead. Saka found us, it was a massacre, Vic." I said, "Look I need some chrome. Not much, just enough to help me start over." I said, "I'm not touching that pretty face of yours, but I can give you new eyes." he said, "What can they do?" I asked, "They won't be anything like the ones I gave V. These can change color and change to reflect your emotions if you want." he said, "Will that be enough? Saka's got it out for me." I said, "I've got a friend who's been watching Arasaka, they said they deleted the data they had on all the Aldecaldos, yours included. The eyes are just a precaution on top of a digital mask." he said as I sat down. "I won't lie, this will hurt." he said, "Vic, any shot you could give me a targeting aid in those eyes? I-I want, no I need to avenge my family." I said.

After some debating Vec gave in and helped me on the cheap. He also gave me all of V's cars and apartments that he was holding onto. I took the MaiMai to the apartment in Corpo Plaza, "Looks like I've got some work to do." I said as I ordered my babyproofing supplies, a crib, and a changing table.

After six months I had my baby and it was time for my revenge to begin. 

"WHO ORDERED THE HIT ON THE ALDECALDOS?!" I shouted as I slammed and high-ranking Arasaka suit into a wall with my iron pressed firmly against his head, "W - anatahadaredesu ka? ! Watashi wa nani mo shiranai to chikaimasu! Watashi wa kyō no gogo dake shōshin shimashita! Watashiniha kazoku ga imasu! [W-Who are you?! I swear I don't know anything! I was only promoted this afternoon! Please I have a family!]" he pleaded, "I DON'T GIVE A DAMN! Tell me what I wanna know or else." I growled, "Kanarazu o shiharai shimasu! Watashi wa anata no atama to anata no yūjin ya kazoku no atama o te ni iremasu- ! [I'll make sure you pay! I'll have your head and the heads of your friends and fami-!]" he snapped before I shot him in the head, "Should've told me what I wanted to know." I said before I walked away.

"Hey sorry, it took me so long!" I said as I opened the door, "Hi there baby! Were you a good boy for Auntie Claire?" I asked, "He was a very good boy, it was my pleasure to watch him." Claire said, "Honestly watching little (y/n) is the least I can do for you. I owe V so much. He...what he did isn't important. It's a shame what happened to him, a real shame." she said, "V was a good man. I still can't believe he's gone. Sometimes I catch myself calling out to him at night." I said.

A/N: I just beat Cyberpunk 2077 for the first time yesterday and thought I'd try something new. And I thought it'd be fun to include you the audience in the story by including side quests that you'd create! Each side quest(s) will get a chapter. Hop you enjoyed the prologue!