Chapter 2

Panam POV

"So what's your story, Lucy?" I asked, "Was a part of a crew, a good crew. The Edgerunners." She said, "I heard of them. V told me about you guys." I said, "Well after Adam Smasher killed most of my friends, I went on a one-way trip to the moon. That is until three days ago when Militech grabbed me. Said something about Arasaka wanting to settle the score." She said I wanted to ask more questions, but before I could a grey-black blur crushed my car! But thanks to Lucy hacking his optics, he didn't notice us, he looked like Adam Smasher, but that's impossible since V and I killed him over three years ago! His face was covered so it was impossible to see who exactly he was. The moments leading up to him leaving were long and nerve-racking. Finally, he walked away and I could breathe again. "What the fuck was that?!" I asked in shock, "Looked like Adam Smasher, which begs the question, the fuck did you do to piss off Arasaka's dog?" Lucy asked, "My husband and I killed him. I watched V zero him and I'm pretty sure it's impossible to live without a head!" I said, "Then Saka made a new Smasher." She said as we got out of the car. "That's the only solution that makes sense. I mean I don't think you'd lie about Smasher being dead even if you and V didn't zero him." She said as she lit her cigarette. "At any rate, we need a ride." I said as I called Claire.

"So you wanna tell me what happened and who this chick is?" Claire asked,  "The names Lucy and Arasaka happened, they sent their new dog to retrieve me. Wanted to settle an old score." Lucy said, "Shit, really? I'm just glad you're safe." Claire said, "So where's (y/n)? I'd like to let him know I'm ok." I said, "Rogue has him, said something about getting a head start on his education." she said, "She's taking this grandma thing a little too far." I said, "Grandma Rogue? Has a nice ring to it." Lucy joked as she put her cigarette out, "Let's head back to the garage. I wanna get a better look at the damages." Claire said.

"Well, how bad is it?" I asked, "It's fixable, but just barely. Your husband brought me cars that were held together by ducktape and prayers that were in better shape than this." She said, "How long?" I asked, "I don know, a month maybe two at least." She said.

"Hi baby, did you miss Mama?" I asked as I scooped up my son, "Yeah!" he said happily, "Mama's not taking any jobs for a while so we can spend as much time together as you want." said sweetly.