✞ 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 4 ✞

a sweet surprise

A small thump behind your door startled slightly disrupted your sleep, you stirred in your slumber as you gained a new comfy position, but not long after you heard that thump again, the force literally shaking your door, In a instant jumping out of bed but only to find chuck slumped and sprawled by your now open door "aw whats wrong chuck?" You cooed lightly in sympathy boxer must have thrown him out of his room Picking the small bundle of green and giving him a couple pats on the head as the zipper doggie leaned into your touch, that's wen the scent hit, you smelled the intoxicating smell of food, your mouth watered now fully realizing how hungry you were, and like any starved child you rushed to investigate lil zipper guy in your arms.

Down in the kitchen garter was over the stove stirring what could only smell like tomato soup, using a wooden spoon to stir it as it slightly bubbled over the stoves heat slightly. huming a tune as she got things ready, Noticing your presence she gave you a weak smile as she said "sorry hun, dinner will have to wait for a while" she turned off the stove then walked over to the cabinet over by the counter she rummaged for a few minutes before coming out empty handed   "shit"  she mumbled as she went to grab her purse by the door "I have to go get some bread from the store I wont be long " she paused  at the elevator door as she turned to you "think you'll be ok for a while being alone with those fuck boys" she smiled, and there was bit of humor in laced  her tone but you knew she was asking genuinely.

"I think I'll manage" you answer warily with a smile. We're you gonna regret those words later..? ...probably... but it was perhaps best not to worry her "I'll be back in less than 30 just keep an eye on the food for me wile im gone. ok?" she assured  and then pressed the button as the elevator door opened for her

Looking around the kitchen and setting chuck down on the counter you  contemplated on what you should do when an idea came to mind, maybe you should bake something for them to show your gratitude,  I mean it was the least you could do considering garter let you stay technically no questions asked.. so maybe you could compensate by making a sweet treat

─ ⋅ ⋅ ── ✞ ── ⋅ ⋅ ─

Socks was trying to take a nap. Énfasis on trying. But with the amount of creaking and noise coming from his brothers room he knew he was just lying to himself. The second socks got his chance to enter his room, he changed back into his comfortable fluffy pajamas. His stomach twisted at the lack of a nice sugary snack, Wishing he ordered his sweet butter cakes but NOoo they had go get you because your important for them to get back into heaven or some shit.

He huffed annoyed and ran a hand down his blue and pink locks of hair. he couldn't handle hearing another second of boxer getting down dirty with his side hoe of the week. Jumping to his feet and grumbling profanities under his breath he stomped to the elevator and went to to the kitchen. Maybe a glass of water could calm him down.

But the second he stepped into that kitchen it is as if the world paused and stoped spinning, the intoxicating smell of chocolate filled is nose. There in the side of the counter were the ingredients to make brownies, but that's not what shocked him. Standing next to the ingredients you stood mixing cocoa powder with eggs and flour together, Your hand moved slowly it is as if he was caught in trance. But when you turned around noticing his presence, that's what really set him off. You wore a cute white frilly apron around your waist ( garter has told boxer multiple times not to leave his weird props in the kitchen) your short school skirt peaking under it just slightly. And to top off the look your hair was lightly pulled back by a cute charmed hair pin.

Socks didn't know if the heat radiating off of his face was because of the burst of anger he had a couple of seconds ago, the thing is he didn't.. really feel angry anymore..

What tf..

At the notion of being caught. Your cheeks turned a pink bubblegum hue. And that annoying heat on his cheeks got hotter. Wtf is wrong with her ? Socks though in his head it's not like a caught her doing something wrong "what are you doing ?" The incredulousness in his tone caught you off guard as you scratched the back of your neck in a sheepish manner "We-well you guys have been so nice to me.. letting me stay her and all, so I decided maybe this could be like a thank you gift" with the light tilt of your head you gestured to the bowl of brownie mix in your arms the chocolaty mixture almost made socks drool.

"Would you like one?" Your question almost caught him of guard as he noticed a tray next to you of freshly baked brownies. Setting the bowl aside you grabbed a napkin and scooped up one of the brownies "careful though it's very hot"

It made no sense. ever since you got here socks has been very obvious about his distaste of you living here and yet here you were offering him sweet treat with an even sweeter smile.

Socks being socks. Dismissed those thoughts and greedily snatched the brownie and stuffed it into his mouth. It was the best thing ever. The chocolate practically melting in his mouth, he didn't know it but he was smiling, stars practically shining in his eyes. You giggled lightly at the sight, he looked like a happy chipmunk with his stuffed cheeks and small smile.

At the sound of your laughter that annoying heat in his cheeks returned

It was probably because the brownie was still warm

Yeah that had to be it

                         ─ ⋅ ⋅ ── ✞ ── ⋅ ⋅ ─

Soon not after that happened garter came back with a loaf of bread and some female sanitary items for the bathroom (she said she didn't know if you had packed any so she got you some just in case)

So after enjoying her soup with some nice warm bread, garter was pleasantly surprised when you pulled out two tray's of fluffy brownies. She insisted that you didn't have to do that and that she was absolutely fine with the idea of you staying. But you told her it was the least you could do. and baking is a way you show your appreciation.

After munching on some brownies (socks inhaling half of them) you were cleaning up the counter when he suddenly decided to start conversation "don't know how you were able to sleep with my brother humping that business lady upstairs" he grumbled lightly eating his 30th Brownie "well.. He was enjoying himself.. I guess" you answered meekly, not knowing how to respond "you serious? probably gave the bitch an infection or some shit" he grumbled with a mouth full of brownie

"well... as long as they both know that it's a mutual exchange and not intimate they should be fine right? I-i mean she was the one who showed up on the doorstep wasn't she..?" you replied cautiously. Hoping your answer would be enough. Socks huffed "shit like this is what got him fucking kicked out in the first place.." he grunted with a scowl as you tilted your head and asked "did you get kicked out for eating sweets?"

He stopped mid bite and his expression became more sour "yeah god hates if your fucking fat cow.." he grumbled under his breath as you shook your head in slight bewilderment and said "that doesn't make much sense..." he stoped and turned to you and addressed you in his usual annoyed tone "excuse me ?" "Well I mean it's not really fair is it ? Just because someone is bigger and likes food doesn't necessarily mean their unhealthy"

"And just because someone is fat doesn't necessarily mean it's an insult either. Some people feel confident and comfortable no matter wat size  they are. They feel beautiful and are beautiful, That doesn't make them evil or anything" you explained socks grumbled something under his breath and you noticed that his ears went a little red "yeah well god doesn't give a fuck what you or I have to say about it" he mumbled still having a pouty look on his face as he munched of the last of the brownies

"Hmm..." you let out a hum, you couldn't tell what he was thinking anymore his eyes looking distant as he munched on the fluffy treat stuffed in his mouth