Chapter-6

Camila

"Hey, sorry I'm late. I brought sustenance, if that makes it better."

I slide the glass doors to the study room shut and move to take a seat in front of my best friend, Dinah.

"It does, thanks. I was starting to get hangry. Give up the goods!"

"I have a deliciously bad snack and a healthy option, if you're so inclined. What's your poison?"

"Are you serious right now?" Dinah's deadpan expression has me breaking out in laughter. "Do you not know me at all?"

"I was kidding, you little junk food whore," I tell her affectionately. "You better share. I'm not really craving anything healthy either."

Dinah groans once she sees what I've brought. "You bitch, you know the way to my heart." Her harsh words are offset by the smile on her face. "Salted caramel brownie brittle is my favorite."

"I know. Don't say I never did anything for you."

"Yeah, you're contributing to my waistline."

"Oh, stop. You're gorgeous." And she is. She's tall, blonde and full-of- Polynesian traits, and she rocks the hell out of her curves. I wish i could atleast be as tall as her shoulders are. "I don't want to hear otherwise, and I know Nela would agree with me."

Nela, affectionately known as Neil, is her long-term boyfriend, and he can't get enough of her body. She must see the wisdom in my words because she just gives a soft smile and reaches for another piece. We sit and eat in silence for a few moments, both of us enjoying our greatest guilty pleasure, before my intuitive bestie gets right to the point.

"So, who's the person?"

My hand pauses as it reaches for another piece of the good stuff. "What person ?"

"Oh, come on. You're annoyingly punctual; being late isn't your MO. Spill the deets, girlfriend."

"Fine. She's the TA in my mythology class."

"The mythology class with Professor Styles ?" She leans forward, her eyes wide with interest.

"That's the one."

"Time. Out." Her hands make the signal to match her words. "I've been meaning to ask you about him. Is Harry as smokin' hot as everyone says he is? I swear, every girl I talk to knows someone who knows someone who has seen him, but you're the first person I know who's actually seen him."

"He's hotter than the rumors, Dj," I admit, and she gasps in surprise. "It's not fair how sexy the guy is, but he isn't my personal cup of tea. He just seems really, for lack of a better word, intense."

"I need to walk you to class one day so I can see this for myself. You said he's hotter than the rumors?" I nod in answer. "Damn." She shakes her head in disbelief before getting the conversation back on track. "Okay, so his TA must be something special to catch your attention when you're being taught by a man who's basically a walking orgasm."

"Lauren , well, there's just something about her I'm super drawn to. I just met her, so my interactions with her have been super limited, but she's already a refreshing change from the guys and girls I'm usually into. She's this adorkably sweet combination of nerdy and shy, but she's got this insanely hot body she doesn't flaunt. She's like the next door vibe who got hot but doesn't know it."

I give Dinah a description of what lauren's looks like, and she fans her face.

"She's smart, wears glasses, and She has the face if Megan fox and body of Karlie Kloss? " Is she from olympus or something?

"Basically."

"You sure she's not one of those weirdo types? You know, the kind of those who wears non-prescription lenses and manages to looks like nomads ? Or does she wear suspenders and pocket protectors? I've got it!" Her eyes twinkle with excitement as she leans in. "If you were to cast her in one of those teen movies we loved in the early 2000s, which table
would she sit at?"

I snort at the image her words have conjured, but I know exactly what she's talking about. I take a moment to figure out where she'd fit in.

"She'd be the quiet one who sat by herself . She might look rude and Brody with those emerald green eyes. or she'd have a few close friends she'd spend time with. I'm telling you, she doesn't give off any asshole vibes. Her glasses look legit—like thick lenses and slight squinting when she took them off legit. She also seems a little reserved, which makes me want to break her out of her shell. And I know I said she seemed nerdy, but stop stereotyping to that degree. We aren't casting for a teen movie with cliques, so regardless of what table she'd sit at, she's just hot. So hot," I emphasize.

"Ugh! I guess I need to meet her, too. She sounds like a living, breathing nerdgasm."

An incredulous laugh bursts forth at her words. "I'm sorry, but what?"

"A nerdgasm! It's like having an orgasm from her nerdiness, which is fitting since it sounds like she's a nerdy wet dream."

I shake my head at her words. "That actually kind of makes sense. Nerdgasm," I huff out on another laugh.

"And you just met her today?"

"Yeah, I literally ran into her before class." I cringe as I remember slamming into her and running away. I relay the story to Dinah , who just laughs at me. "I was formally introduced to her after class, and then I saw her on the way here. She was studying, and I couldn't help but walk over and say hi. She's taking me out on Saturday," I admit, and I can't stop the excitement from creeping into my voice.

"You asked her out, didn't you?"

"Of course I did. It's the 21st-century, and she isn't like other people I've dated. I like that she's shy, but I decided to help her out and give her a little push."

"I wish I was as forward as you," she says, envy evident in her voice.

"You can be, you just need to put yourself out there. I know Nela would love it if you took control every once in awhile." I raise my eyebrows and shimmy my shoulders, and she throws an eraser at me.

"I'll think about it, you perv. So, where are you guys going on Saturday?"

"I'm not sure. I told her I'd leave that up to her. I have a feeling she'll surprise me, and I'm really looking forward to it."

"I am, too. I expect a full rundown of this date. It's been too long since you've hit the dating scene, what with focusing on school and all, and she sounds like a really nice girl. You need nice."

I think of some of the guys and girls I dated when I first started college and grimace. Yeah, they were good-looking, but they were total frat guys and mean girls who were more into the party scene than they were into me. "I'm excited to see what happens."

"Samesies, girlfriend. Now," she claps her hands together and dusts the brownie brittle crumbs from her fingers. "Let's get to studying. We'd better get caught up so you don't have to worry about this scholastic shit on your date."

"You got it." I chuckle.