Chapter-18

Camila

Three Months Later

"Happy Birthday, hot stuff!" I squeal as I launch myself into Lauren's arms. I wrap my legs around her waist and knock her glasses askew with my enthusiasm.

Her deep chuckle vibrates against my chest as she walks into my new apartment, shuts the door, and makes her way over to the couch with me still attached to her like a barnacle.

"Someone's eager," she teases as she sits us down with me straddling her narrow hips.

Hell yeah, I'm eager.

Ever since finals week a few months ago when our relationship was tested, our connection has only grown stronger. Things have been a little hectic recently with me graduating with my bachelor's degree, hunting for and securing a job, and moving into my own apartment, but we've done a great job of making time for one another.

Tonight is not only one of those nights, but it's also her birthday.

It's also the night.

You know, the night.

The night I get to pop my sexy nerd's cherry or should I say peel her banana, if she'll let me.

"Yeah, I want to give you your birthday presents."

"Presents, as in plural?"

"Mmhmm," I hum.

Lauren showed up a few minutes early, right as I was getting dressed, and my last minute decision to forgo putting on pants to answer the door has paid off. The black, long-sleeved leotard I'm wearing looks demure up top but showcases my butt and legs to perfection. I know she appreciates the view because her hands keep doing long, grasping sweeps over the exposed skin of my lower body. 

I run my hands across the expanse of her shoulders, which look wider under the dark material of her shirt, and back up to her face to remove her glasses. I lean over to place them safely out of harm's way on the coffee table. She looks utterly delectable seated against my fuzzy throw pillows and blankets, the twinkling fairy lights lending a soft, romantic feel.

My new place is ultra-feminine, so seeing my sweet girlfriend filling up the space has me raring to go.

"When do I get to unwrap these presents?"

She's still touching my lower half but avoiding the part of me desperate for some attention. Her ministrations are maddening, and it takes me a moment to respond.

"I'll let you choose which one you want to open first, how 'bout that?"

"That works."

Her eyes keep flickering between my face and sending not so discreet glances at my crotch, which is only covered by the buttoned up fabric of my velvety leotard.

"Your first gift is something you can display." I got her a comic book signed by the main cast of the latest Avengers movie, and I already know she's going to flip. Thank God for friends on the west coast who were able to attend a comic book convention where they made an appearance. "Your second gift is both weightless and heavy." My throat gets dry at the thought of this gift. Before I can mention her third gift, she chooses.

"The second gift, please. I'm intrigued."

All my practiced words fly out the window, so I decide to go for broke and word vomit my gift to her. "I love you."

The words come out in a rush, but she has no trouble hearing them. The smile she gives me is pure and innocent and filled with wonder, and I bask in the unmasked happiness she radiates.