Epilogue

Lauren

Two Months Later

"I can't take anymore, babe," Camila gasps, her arms barely holding her up as I tightly grip her hips and pump into her from behind.

"One more, Camila. One more," I grunt out between thrusts. "P-please. A-almost th-there."

She moans louder when she hears my stutter. She knows it comes out more when I'm feeling out of control, and we both know this is the best kind of way to lose restraint.

Since the first time we had sex, Camila and I have done a lot of practice, and, much to her delight, my stamina has definitely improved. All the time in the pool has also paid off to help my endurance, thank God. I know she needs a little help reaching the peak one last time, so I place my hand between her shoulder blades and press down.

The change in position angles me just right so I can rub up against her hot spot inside, and I know the second I hit it because Camila starts thrashing underneath me.

"Right there, Lauren. Right there!" she cries out in a throaty voice that drives me to the brink of pleasure-filled insanity.

My hips speed up, never letting off on the pressure, and I reach around with one hand to pinch her clit. As soon as I do that, she detonates under my fingers and squeezes against me rhythmically, which manages to send me off into my own out-of-this-world orgasm.

We stay plastered together until we both manage to catch our breath, at which point I press a gentle kiss to the back of her neck and roll her over so we're cuddling.

"It gets better every time," she murmurs sleepily against my front. "Nerdgasms rock."

I smile against her hair and can't help but laugh. She let slip one night what Dinah dubbed a nerdgasm, and it's been a regular part of our vocabulary ever since.

Giving her an extra tight squeeze, I plant a soft kiss against the back of her neck. "That's because I love you more and more each day."

"I love you more and more each day too, hot stuff," she says, grabbing one of my hands that's warm and cozy under her breasts. She brings it to her lips and places a kiss on my palm, and I swear I feel the gentle pressure right in my heart. "What time do you have to head to class?"

I rotate my head to look at the clock on the nightstand. "Soon, but I still have some time. I'd rather spend every free moment with you. I really can't wait until we move in together."

Camila hums her agreement against me, completely content. We've talked about it, and once I graduate with my masters degree, I'll be moving in with her. Normani cool with it and keeps telling me it's okay if I want to move out now. Even though she insists it's fine, I don't want to ditch her, especially since she seems a little more stressed than usual. Before my thoughts can try and unravel what's going on with my best friend, Camila breaks the silence.

"Are you nervous about teaching still, or are you more excited?"

"Hmm," I ponder. "A little of both, I guess. I think it's growing on me."

Ever since the night I punched Shawn in the face and told Camila I'd continue to work on owning my stutter, I've worked hard at doing just that. The new semester has been in full swing, and I told Harry I was interested in teaching a few classes this time around. Not only was he supportive, he was helpful in letting me practice the lectures and reviewing the notes I planned to cover ahead of time. On top of that, he's offered to mentor me and help me out with my graduate thesis. He's really become someone I look up to, and now that I'm friends with his brother, I feel like we're connected in more ways than before.

I think back on the few lectures I have under my belt already. While I still get a little antsy about teaching, it gets easier every time. I find myself looking forward to doing it more and more, and it's made me consider becoming a professor; I can't wait to tell Harry about my decision. One of the biggest benefits of teaching, outside of helping my confidence, is truly accepting that I stutter sometimes. No lecture I teach is stutter-free, and I've learned to accept and move on without any fuss or interruption in the lesson. Besides, the students don't seem to care, so why should I? I explain this to her, and she's her usual supportive self.

"You'd be such a great professor. It's so hot seeing you teach, too," she teases, and I can feel her lips smiling against my skin.

"Perv."

"You love it."

"I do," I admit.

As I lie here with Camila , my body shielding hers, I can barely contain the feelings of gratitude and happiness knowing that she's in my life. Thank God this bold, gorgeous woman took a chance on a shy, quiet nerd. Each day with her gets better and better, and she's made me a better version of myself than I ever thought possible, and I know I do the same for her.

Holding her close, I feel secure in knowing my future is literally within my grasp, and I can't wait to see where it leads as long as it's with her.

The End.