Something Different

-Please enter the current time.-

You glance to the clock before remember what this person said last time. You enter your favorite time, or maybe it was just a combination of your favorite numbers, you weren't really sure.

-Ahhh, your favorite time of day.-

"Sure." You say, clicking the mouse.

-Ok now I'm curious how much do you like that time of day? Let's use another slider to find out.-

You click the mouse.

-How much do you like the time you chose?-

You adjusted the slider and clicked confirm.

-You know, can I just say, regardless of how much you actually like that time of day, I'm having a great time adjusting these settings.-

"I'm glad someone's having fun." You say, clicking the mouse.

-I feel like I'm learning more about you and how you like things to be set.-

You click the mouse.

-It's good to collect data.-

"Sounds boring." You click the mouse.

-I wish we had more sliders! But we've gone through all the sliders I have.-

You click the mouse.

-Hmm... perhaps I can invent some new sliders to gather new data on you.-

"Why do you need data on me?" You click the mouse.

-Shouldn't be too hard. Yeah, let me whip a couple new ones up.-

You click the mouse.

-Should be ready by the next time you boot up the game.-

You click the mouse again and again the room comes to life. You stand up and step out of the office.

"All of their co-workers were gone. What could it mean? (Y/N) decided to go to the meeting room; perhaps they had simply missed a memo."

You walked until you came to the two doors room.

"When (Y/N) came to set of two open doors, they entered the door on their left."

You did not do this, taking the door on the right instead.

"Fine." The Narrator said, "This was not the correct way to the meeting room, and (Y/N) knew it perfectly well. However, (Y/N) has an unholy obsession with the employee lounge so they wanted to stop by, just to admire it."

"Quit being jealous of a room, it's embarrassing." You say and The Narrator sputters. "It's not my fault that going right takes me to the employee lounge."

You enter the employee lounge and The Narrator is quite for a moment, "It was okay."

You look around the room, grabbing a drink before going on your way.

"But eager to get back to business (Y/N) took the first open door on their left." The Narrator said.

You speed walk through to the maintenance section, not so much as glancing at the maintenance elevator.

"And so they detoured through the maintenance section, walked straight ahead to the opposite door, and got back on track."

You did, you ignored most of the narrator's dialogue, speeding through until you came to the broom closet. You opened the door and The Narrator stopped mid-speech.

"There is nothing new for you in the broom closet! It's just a broom closet! It's not even an ending!" The Narrator said. "(Y/N) shut the door and continued to the bosses office!"