A Sequel

"Narrator!" You shout, snapping awake and your desk.

"Yes, (Y/N)?" The Narrator asked casually. In a moment everything that just happened felt like it was dream, like it didn't really happen.

"Nothing."

You walk down the hall and continue forward until you come to a door that says "New, New, Content". You sigh and walk in.

"Oh, good! You saw my sign." The Narrator said.

"Of course I did, you put neon letters next to a door." You said.

"Well yes. Anyway I had a thought. The Stanley Parable Ultra Deluxe was so disappointing that I want to do something myself. What could I do so that we can have something amazing. Something that truly honors the original Stanley Parable. I think I have (Y/N)."

You step into an elevator, "What are you thinking?"

"The original Stanley Parable was a landmark, and any new content for it should live up to that legacy. So forget this Ultra Deluxe nonsense! I say we take it one step further. Which is why, I'm very proud to announce, for the first time ever... The Stanley Parable 2!" And the elevator doors opened. You stand in shock as you walk into the new room.

"Yes, you see? Isn't this far superior to a measly re-release with a few minor additions?" The Narrator asked.

"Well a sequel sound cooler." You say.

"And it will be! Think of all the new territory we'll cover with a fully-fledged sequel!" The Narrator exclaimed, "An entirely new experience built from the ground up!Why, there are so many possibilities! It could go in so many different directions! This is what fans have truly been asking for!"

"An entirely new experience? Sound like just what we need!"

"Exactly! And Calling it 'The Stanley Parable 2' is so much catchier than 'Ultra Deluxe', don't you think?"

"Well, there I don't know that it's catchier..."

"'Ultra Deluxe', what does that even mean? But 'The Stanley Parable 2', now that's an artistic statement right there."

"It states, 'I'm a sequel'!" You say.

"Yes and It's future-oriented, it screams 'progress' and 'innovation' and 'long-term franchising potential.' Now to be clear, I haven't quite nailed down exactly what The Stanley Parable 2 is going to be."

"That sounds like you bud." You say.

"Hey! Anyway let's take a look at some of the features I've been developing for it. I figured that if I can loosely organize a handful of interesting concepts, that surely the game will sort of naturally spring up around them. It'll all work itself out. Game development is much more of a fuzzy magic than anything scientific or logical really."

"Is that so?" You say, raising an eyebrow.

"Here we are! Go on, try out some of the new features."

You look around in awe before walking up to a room with 'the button that says the name of the player playing the game'.

"Most people, I think, when they play a game want to feel connected to it." The Narrator said. "To feel like you're talking to them directly, and what better way to do that than a button that says your name!"