Chapter 31 - Akshara - Heightened Senses

Warning: Parts of this chapter are 18+ and sexually graphic and descriptive.

<<<<<>>>>>

I held my breath in anticipation as soon as I heard the key lock turn and the door handle turn. I checked the time on my phone to see it was just a little past 10pm. As soon as the door opened, I authorized Alexa to play soft romantic music just as the lights dimmed.

"Akshara?" Abhimanyu's voice was hoarse and his eyes widened in surprise as he stood frozen at the door.

"What...are...you...doing here?" He asked uncertainly as he dropped his keys in the bowl on the table on the side as he walked towards me. Trying to comprehend what was going on.

"Why? Should I not be here?" I teased.

He shook his head in confusion, "No. No. that's not what I meant." He replied back, unbuttoning the top button of his shirt.

"Come sit." I gave him a seductively shy smile, tapping the living room table gently.

Furrowing his brows, Abhimanyu sat down beside me, his shock slowly turning into a soft smile.

He eyes gazed around the dimly lit room before turning to table which had one single candle lighting up both our faces surrounded by rose petals splattered around.

Without speaking, I uncovered a bowl of pasta, grilled vegetables, and mashed potatoes and began serving Abhimanyu.

"What is this?" He asked, just as I finished serving him.

I poked the pasta with a fork and brought it up to Abhimanyu's mouth.

"Ahh, open." I demanded.

Abhimanyu opened wide and I shoved the spoonful of pasta into his mouth.

"Now chew!" I watched in expectantly as Abhimanyu chewed on the pasta and watched his facial expressions vary from confusion to tasting the flavorful pasta as it tingled his tastebuds to a satisfied hearty sigh of a home-cooked meal.

"How is it?" I asked, perking up.

"Amazing." He replied, swallowing the last bit of pasta.

"Good. I'm glad you liked it." I smiled softly, my eyes grazing over the stress lines around his eyes and the heavy under eye bags.

Tired. He was tired. I couldn't imagine the day had been easy on him.

"But why all this?" He asked, taking the fork from my hand and placing it on the plate. 

"You owe me a warm home cooked meal date remember? You promised? Well, seeing how your schedule is so busy, I thought why don't I surprise you with a home cooked meal instead? That way, we have our date too. Teamwork, right?" I teased, smiling broadly at him.

"Why didn't you pick up my phone?" He asked, straightening up.

"Because I needed some alone time."

"Why?"

"To think. About this. About us. Where we stand." I answered honestly.

"Oh." He replied, the colour fleeting from his face.

"And because I was mad at you." I added, sassily.

"You didn't answer my phone today either." He accused, hesitantly.

"Yes. Because I was busy." I answered, teasingly.

"Busy?" He questioned, furrowing his brows.

"Yes. Busy planning this date of ours." I replied sweetly, picking up another spoonful —of mashed potatoes this time and brought them to Abhimanyu's lips.