Chapter 35 - Abhimanyu - Day Off

I woke the next morning to see Akshara rifling through the closet haphazardly. I raised the blanket up to my waist and turned on my side to face watch her, propelling myself up on one hand.

"Akshara?" I questioned.

"Shit! I'm so sorry I awoke you! Please go back to bed! I'm sorry for all the noise! I know it's your day off today!"

I yawned. "That's fine and all, but what are you doing?"

She was wrapped in a bathrobe and her hair was neatly pulled up in a pony tail along with the minimal makeup I liked on her.

"I'm trying to find my beige colour cropped sweater! I think I left it back at my apartment." She replied hurriedly, shuffling through the clothes in the closet.

"This will have to do I guess." She muttered to herself, disappointedly as she recovered a forest green coloured cropped sweater from the closet and stepped into the bathroom.

Within she was out wearing black high-waisted leather pants and the cropped a forest green sweater.

She then picked up a pair of black heeled boots that were sitting beside the vanity and sat on the edge of the bed.

I pushed myself up from my side and went to wrap my arms around Akshara's torso from behind, resting my chin on her shoulder.

Akshara stopped what she was doing, and leaned back against me, moving her arm back to caress my cheek.

"I'm sorry I awoke you." She apologized again, softly.

"Why're you saying sorry? I was going to wake up anyway when I wasn't going to feel you against me." It wasn't a lie. The noise was only part of the reason why I was woken up. The real reason was the emptiness I felt in my arms and the lack of warmth I felt on my chest.

"Abhi..., I have to get to work!" She replied, breathlessly.

"Then go, I'm not stopping you." I replied, kissing the side of her neck.

"Abhi!" She reprimanded, pushing away from my chest, making me chuckle.

"Akshara!" I teased back.

"Let me concentrate! First I couldn't find my beige sweater and now you're giving me reasons to skip out on work! That's not good!"

"You know, things would be much easier if you just moved in with me." I said casually, taking Akshara by surprise.

"Wh—what?" She stammered.

"Move in with me. You spend 6 out of 7 nights here. We both know you can't sleep without me —" He continued, making Akshara's cheeks turn pink.

"—and this way, you won't miss out on wearing your favourite beige coloured sweater because all your clothes will be in one place. Then won't be scattered amongst two apartments."

I felt like I was in a courtroom, putting forth my best argument —except in this case, both the opposing counsel and judge were the same person— Akshara.

"And we will have to eventually move in together anyway, so why not now?! You will also be saving on rent." I finished explaining myself to her.