Chapter 33 - Abhimanyu - Changed Man

I went searching for Akshara, wanting to hug her, kiss her. I ran to my cabin and found her to be missing. I wandered the halls of Birla hospital, frantically when I came across Nurse Kavya.

"Doctor! Is everything alright?" She questioned, pausing my shifty feet in their place.

"Yes! Absolutely perfect. Have you seen Akshara?"

"Yes. She said she has a session in Room 507 with the young patient of yours, Aarav."

"Oh right. Thank you for telling me."

"No problem."  She replied, before going on her way.

I smacked the back of my head, playfully, embarrassed by my own foolishness.

Of course. Akshara also had patients to attend to.

~*~

I peeked through the blinds and watched Akshara as she immersed herself in the song she was singing. Her fingers moved effortlessly on the guitar strings as she swayed along with the music.

Angelic.

She looked absolutely angelic playing the guitar. And even more so, smiling.

Every note she played was connected to the sparkle in her eyes.

A smile formed on the corner of my lips just as warmth surrounded my chest at the sight of the joy radiating off of Akshara's eyes.

As if on cue, Akshara turned to look at me, her smile turning into a questioning frown.

I shook my head, not wanting to disturb her. Slowly, I opened the door and entered the room, leaning against the door, as both Aarav and I swayed along to Akshara's voice and the music from her guitar.

Perfect.

She was absolutely perfect.

I didn't even realize when Akshara's session came to an end as I just stood there, swaying to the sight of her.

"Abhi?" I heard her voice in the distance.

"Abhi?!" Why was her voice getting stronger?

"Dr. Abhimanyu Birla?!" I snapped out of my trance as Akshara waved her hand in front of me.

"Akshara?!" I questioned, looking behind to see Aarav giggling at me.

"Abhi." She snickered, tightening the strap of the guitar case on her shoulder.

"Aarav?! How are you?" I felt my cheeks turning red and I avoided Akshara's gaze like a Ninja.

"I'm absolutely perfect. Ms. Akshara makes my days even better." He stated, innocently.

Akshara raised her eyebrows and both she and I exchanged glances and smiled.

Was a child hitting on Akshara?!

"And Aarav makes my days better too!" She replied, teasing me.

"And what about me? Do I not make your days better?"

"You do. You make me better and Akshara makes my days better." Aarav replied, sassily.

Boy had a stronger flirting game than me.

Wow.

"Alright then, I'll see you later, okay Aarav? And remember in our next session, I'll show you how to play the guitar."

"Yes, Ms Akshara."

"See you soon, Monster!" I waved him goodbye as I held the door open for Akshara.

"Bye, Iron Man."  Aarav waved back.

I closed the door behind me and pulled Akshara into me, smashing my lips against hers for a quick yet breathtaking kiss.

"Abhi!" She smashed my chest playfully as she pulled away from me, disoriented.

"Sorry but you looked so delicious I had to have a taste." Cheesy, I know. But Akshara made me want to become even cheesier.

Akshara's cheeks turned a blush pink as she tangled her fingers with mine. I squeezed her hand tightly as we walked the busy corridors of Birla Hospital hand-in-hand towards my cabin.

~*~

Akshara dropped her guitar case on the couch in my cabin before turning around to face me.

She pulled me into her embrace just as I wrapped my arms around her, holding her tight against me.

"What did Dr. Birla and Mr. Birla say?" She asked me, pulling back from the hug but still nestling in the crook of my arms.

"Probation. For one month. I can't be seen punching anyone in this one month or else I get to face further repercussions."

"Okay. And since Vikram has been fired, you shouldn't have a problem."

I leaned down and nuzzled my nose against hers. "Exactly."

Akshara wrapped her arms around my neck just as I grasped her waist with both my hands.

"So...how do you plan on celebrating?" She asked, seductively as we continued to sway to the silence engulfing us.

"I don't know. You tell me." I teased back. "Its our victory after all. I couldn't have done it without you."

I leaned down and kissed her.

"Hmm, maybe some champagne?" She flirted.

"And?"

"Me?"

"And?"

"You?"

"And?"

"Minus."

"Minus?" I questioned, furrowing my brows.

"Our..." She teased her finger along the V of my neck, her cheeks turning pink.

"Our..."

"Clothes." She finished, blushing red.

"Champagne, me and you minus our clothes?" I teased.

Akshara placed her hand over my lips just as a knock was heard on the door. Akshara pushed away from me and went to grab her guitar.

Perfect freaking time, I cursed.

"Come in." I smoothened my outfit, and adjusted myself before going to sit behind my desk, trying to hide the most obvious proof of my arousal.

"Doctor, your 3pm consultation is here waiting in Room 2." An intern informed me.

"Thank you. I'll be there in a minute."

The intern departed and Akshara followed him to the door before turning back to me.

"So I'll see you, tonight?" She asked, her eyes flickering mischievously.

"Yes. I'll be the champagne." I smiled softly.

"Love you."

"Love you too." I replied back, just before Akshara vanished into thin air.

I sighed in relief, eager for tonight. The end of my shift couldn't come sooner.

I leaned back in my chair, in absolute amazement of my own change in behaviour.

Whereas before I could have spent hours at the hospital, pulling all-nighters to skip on dates with Shanaya, now, all I could think of was spending my each waking moment with Akshara.

All I wanted to do was go home to her.

Love really bad changed me.

Akshara's love.

I smiled to myself as I got up from my chair and swung my stethoscope around my neck before exiting my office to tend to my patient.

Because the sooner I finished my duties here, the sooner I was able to go home. To her.

To my Akshara.