6-7pm

The three of them were absolutely drenched in sunscreen and bug spray. They all smelled, looked, and felt all different kinds of gross.

Despite this, the sun still decided to shine brightly and burn at their skin, and the bugs just seemed to keep biting. Being in the Summer Scouts was the absolute least fun thing about the summer. The cabins were stuffy, the beds were dusty, the food was gross, and the camp counselors were just flat-out annoying. 

Thankfully, this was the last week before they could go home, sleep in their own beds, thinking about the things they don't deserve. Or do, who knows for sure?

"Ouch!" Christine exclaims, touching her hand to her head as she winced in pain after smacking her head against a tree branch.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" [BROOKE] exclaimed, a worried look on his face as he ran by the shorter girl. "That looked like it hurt."

Christine, keeping her hand on her head, shook her head ever so slightly. "No, no, I'm fine! Completely fine!"

Glancing up from her phone for once, Chloe raised an eyebrow at Christine. "You look like that knocked the fucking wind out of you." she put bluntly before looking back down at her phone.

"Well, I can assure you I still have wind to spare!" Christine gave a laugh that tried to sound casual, but just came off extremely awkward. 

[BROOKE] just looked down at the ground as they walked, playing with a few strands of his blonde hair. "If you say so.."

"I swear to god Christine, if you fall asleep with a concussion I'm going to call 911." Chloe remarked. 

Laughing off injuries like this wasn't the only thing Christine was good at. She had the best grades in class, and the theatre teachers would always put her in whatever kinds of roles they desperately needed for a school play. She was basically the perfect role model, minus the parts in which she would blank out on the final question of a test, or wouldn't convey a specific scene perfectly on opening night.

Despite this and her small size, Christine was always the one to lead when nobody else wanted to. Which was always.

As Christine continued to press a hand against her head, she imagined another pair of hands helping her with this. It made her feel slightly better until she realized she could semi-imagine the feeling of hands on her head.

Quickly, Christine lifted up the sleeve of her dark green jacket and looked down at the tan skin of her wrist, along with the black hair tie around it. She snapped it against her wrist before continuing to walk with the other two. "Are we late?"

"I mean, we left earlier than usual this time." [BROOKE] turned her head to Christine with a hopeful smile. "Maybe we'll be on ti—"

"Oh we absolutely are, it's already 6:06." Chloe says, not seeming to care much as she kept her head down at her phone, only moving a hand to brush some of her brown hair out of her face.

"Shiiiit." Christine whined, turning to Chloe again and getting a small glance at the messages being sent between her and some guy with the name 'Jakey D' as what Chloe had saved for him. Christine didn't get a glance at what Chloe had saved herself as on whatever messaging app this was, only seeing the messages were of the brunette complaining about camp.

[BROOKE] pointed ahead. "Hey, I think we're getting close. Hopefully we aren't the last ones there."

"Obviously they would all be there, [BROOKE]." Chloe rolled her eyes and looked up from her screen for the second time (a new record). "The other groups didn't have to do the absolute bullcrap we just did."