iii. write that down

♡ ˎˊ˗ THE SILVER STRANDS of Kim Namjoon's hair seem to be glowing beneath the morning sun that filters through the window

As he sits at his desk, fingers pressing against the keyboard swiftly, the wind messes his hair up, forcing his fringe to cover his eyes, then pushing it back again. Unlike last night, it's not styled, so Taehyung can't help but stare in awe.

It's early in the morning, very early, and the messy hair is the only proof of that one can find on Kim Namjoon. The rest of him is perfectly normal. A clean white shirt with the sleeves rolled up, black slacks, glasses that he removes occasionally to rub at his eyes when his exhaustion can no longer be concealed. Yet, his skin appears soft in this lighting, with the presence of green all around him, the big plants behind his chair and the small ones in pots on his desk. Next to the pots is a family photo, and one of him and Jeongguk, arms around each other, laughing.

The office is quiet, except for the sound of his keyboard. Taehyung sits opposite him, his left leg bouncing up and down in a fit of jittery nerves he's ashamed to be displaying. No one seems to notice, aside from Yoongi, who doesn't pay attention to it, too busy looking at his phone.

Jeongguk isn't here. Of course he isn't.

"He's running late," Namjoon points out knowingly as he waits for his errand boy to pick up the phone.

Before Taehyung can reply and make up an excuse, try and say he is not thinking about Jeongguk at all, the guy on the other end of the line picks up and Namjoon devotes all his attention to directing him towards the nearest coffee shop and listing off his orders — two espressos and two cappuccinos. He then proceeds to ask for a vanilla latte and specifies that there should be ten shots of espresso. Taehyung's eyebrows rise on their own, and Namjoon seems to notice, hanging up the phone and leaving his little assistant to do his job, probably already used to all the antics. "The latte's for him."

Right.

Taehyung only nods, hesitant to relax just yet. If he shows he's not heavily upset by what happened last night, Namjoon might get a chance to think his way out of this one. So, just to make sure, he speaks very quietly and uses as few words as possible.

That is, until the door to the office opens with a slam, and he turns around to see Jeongguk walk in.

Oh, the effect this view would have had on his fanboy self.

Jeongguk is wearing black, as expected, and Taehyung remembers gushing about how Jeongguk always looked good, but he looked the best in his own clothes, when he styled them himself, because that seems to be the case with this outfit.

Before he's seen staring, Taehyung catches glimpses of wavy chestnut hair beneath a black bucket hat, with cargo pants, combats and a lot of silver on Jeongguk's ears. Even his scent fills the air, something Taehyung can only pinpoint as vanilla, and he can't remember ever feeling this bizarre because god, Jeongguk is something else, but it's both in the best and the worst possible way.