xi. besties now, apparently

tw: brief mentions of eating disorder

♡ ˎˊ˗ DESPITE HAVING THE worst possible company when working at J Entertainment, Taehyung still can't help but appreciate one thing about Jeongguk.

Yes, he may be completely uninterested in working on the project, only providing Taehyung with short, vague sentences written on sticky notes which he sticks to his desk, but refuses to discuss when they meet up during their time off. Still, when Taehyung's forced to meet up with Jung Hoseok, Jeongguk's always ready to help arrange it. He picks Taehyung up and drops him off, leads him to the office or any space Hoseok temporarily occupies for whatever reason.

He always keeps Taehyung company until Hoseok arrives, though always on his phone or laptop, mostly in his little studio with the door shut, quiet, glasses perched atop his nose, and leaves as soon as Hoseok walks in.

"Jeonggukie, have you been thinking about the main concept of your-?"

The main concept, because it's happening. They're actually starting. Taehyung's been dozing off at so many meetings with Hoseok in order to discuss their budget, their schedules and the PR side of it all - they'll try to start promoting the project as soon as possible, because Namjoon says it'll be more practical, it'll pay off better if they announce it at the very start, create noise that will both excite Jeongguk's old fans and attract Taehyung's potential new ones. And Taehyung's been postponing the actual work because he's waiting.

What he's waiting for, he isn't sure. Motivation. Inspiration, perhaps. There's that little voice in his head telling him to do something bigger, to go further than he's gone before by blurring the lines between feminine and masculine clothing even further, but not only does the very thought of risking it more bring a certain uneasiness to his mind, but the decision is also not his to make.

"Not really, no." And Jeongguk will slip through the door, the way he always does. Until he doesn't.

Returning to J Entertainment after the rumours has been challenging to say the least. Taehyung's being looked at, pointed at, whispered about, but no one dares say anything bad to his face. He's still one of the main topics of all their conversations, he's still the one they all fall silent around or smile awkwardly at, but he's also the one working with their biggest star, so frankly, he doesn't give a fuck.

"You seem happy today," Jeongguk comments as he presses a button and the elevator doors close, Park Jimin waving goodbye from the other side and heading to Namjoon's office. Hoseok is running late because of an issue with his car tyre, apparently, and Taehyung is to wait for him in Jeongguk's office.

"I am happy," Taehyung responds and leans his shoulder against the cold metal wall. "I will be seeing my best friend again very soon. It's been terribly long."