xii. miss me too much

♡ ˎˊ˗ RAINY MORNINGS ARE the worst nightmare of someone who's forgotten to set an alarm, especially when they wake up in a stranger's house on a Saturday morning (read: at noon)

♡ ˎˊ˗ RAINY MORNINGS ARE the worst nightmare of someone who's forgotten to set an alarm, especially when they wake up in a stranger's house on a Saturday morning (read: at noon). The rain offers this sense of weightlessness, timelessness, makes one forget the world is still out there for everyone to catch up with. Taehyung's still dreaming, his sweaty skin pressed to the soft white sheets, his hair a mess on the stranger's pillow.

His sleep is interrupted by the buzzing of his phone that seems to have been going on for hours and hours and he searches for the device blindly before picking up. "Yoongi hyung."

"I've called you, like, four times."

Taehyung grins. "Well, you've reached me now." With a stretch, he stands up and picks up his jacket, dusts it off to make sure lying on the floor for hours hasn't damaged it. It's his favourite. He unzips a pocket and pulls out his pack of cigarettes and a lighter. "How can I help you?"

"I just met up with Kim Namjoon and-"

"Isn't he in Paris already?"

"Why should he-? No, I've told you already. He's leaving tonight."

"But Jeongguk-"

"Jeongguk and Hoseok are already there, yes." Yoongi sighs. "I talked to Namjoon about how we should start promoting the project already. We can't exactly say anything about it yet because we don't have enough info, but we can still make it work with you two. He has an idea."

Something about this doesn't sound right. Kim Namjoon has an idea, and those don't seem to be the best options. Not for everyone, at least. Somehow, despite seemingly fighting for the good of his 'project', Namjoon seems to make Jeongguk suffer the most. Jeongguk, in a way, appears to be the collateral damage of his own success.

"Fine," Taehyung agrees, tentative. "I'm listening."

"Are you home?"

"I can be."

"Great." Yoongi snorts. "I'll be there in a few hours."

"As will I." Taehyung hangs up the phone with a sigh and wraps his lips around the cigarette once more, his tense nerves almost easing with every inhale.

Min Yoongi has been more serious about the project ever since he found out about Jeongguk's efforts. Taehyung hasn't told him everything yet, isn't planning to, but Yoongi knows Jeongguk's working. That's enough for him to keep in touch with Kim Namjoon and deal with everything Taehyung isn't even remotely interested in or familiar with. Manager business. Keeping them relevant. Him and... well.

Jeongguk left for Paris a few days ago with Hoseok and the rest of his team, with the exception of Namjoon and Jimin; they're still here to finish up a thing or two (including, apparently, that meeting with Yoongi). It's been quiet, mostly. Taehyung expected it and he isn't surprised now.