trace [Katelena]

A/N: So I've had this idea in my drafts for awhile but never got around to finishing it until now. I went a bit overboard and what my goal of only being a 7000 word oneshot turned into a 17000+ one.

I kind of underestimated how hard writing this story would be and is by far the hardest story I've written so far, so let me know what you think? Which reminds me, I am not an expert in any of the little things mentioned here, so if something like the chickweed (you'll know after) doesn't sound accurate, don't think about it too much.

This one is dedicated to my children and wifey (you all know who you are)

Spam comments are always encouraged and appreciated :)

--------------------------------

Summary:

"Kate..Kate stop," Yelena sighs as she pushes Kate gently off.

"No Yelena! You need to put pressure on that," Kate replies frustrated and tries again just to get her hands covered with Yelena's bloody ones.

"Kate, it doesn't matter."

"What?" Kate looks up at her girlfriend's face who wears a guilty expression on her face, "What? What do you mean?

---

or a 5+1 zombie au where Kate likes to trace Yelena's features after learning how much it relaxes the blonde

--------------------------------

T R A C E

"Hey, old man! Forgetting something?"

Clint stopped his tracks and sighed, clutching his bow tightly in his right hand and the other hand resting on the butt of his pistol resting in its holster on the right of his hip. The man rolled his shoulders back as his back adjusts to the bag full of essentials like water and a few protein bars.

"Nope, don't think I am kid" Clint called out adjusting his hearing aid in his ear, as the sound of footsteps grew louder and louder behind him.

"You can't go alone, I'm going with you."

"Kate, no you are not." Clint turned around and held a hand up to Kate's chest to keep her from moving any closer.

Kate shakes her head rapidly and holds up her own bow, similar to Clint's but was purple.

"I am going with you and that's final. And these are not my orders, it's Steve's," Kate pointed out before walking past Clint confidently.

Clint sighed again. He can't exactly deny the orders of their group's unspoken leader, Steve Rogers. Especially after Bucky went alone and almost didn't make it back. They've created a rule where no one goes alone for supply runs, groups of 2+ only.

"What are you waiting for, old man? Let's go!" Kate shouts, turning around and walking backwards with a cheeky smile.

"So annoying," Clint grumbles before jogging up to the young woman and proceeding to walk towards an area the group knows there are still resources, a mall near the place their group had found a few months ago. They've sent around 3 supply runs, neither archers have been part of those runs to the mall, but know that all have been successful.

"You bring all your arrows?" Clint asked.

"Left just a few. Peter wanted me to test out a few and then make some new ones," Kate replies.

"That's worrying"

"Just a little."

——

"This is it?" Kate asked as they walked into the front entrance of the abandoned mall and observed the place.