. chapter 9 .

Hyejin glimpsed across the plane, trying to see if Taeryoung was okay but her friend was too far out of view. Just as she reluctantly sank back into her seat, she felt something tickle her shoulder.

She looked to her right to see Jay had fallen asleep again, nearly leaning onto her shoulder. For a moment she was breathless. His face was so close. She could hear his soft snores even over the rumble of the jet engines. His long lashes framed his cat-like eyes perfectly and his soft looking lips were slightly parted as he breathed out.

The girl felt her cheeks flush a bit as the plane shook a bit, causing the male to rest fully on her shoulder. For some reason, she didn't shift or push him off. Rather, she found herself drifting off with her head resting on top of his.

-

As the students loaded off the plane and onto the bus that would be taking them to their where they were staying, Taeryoung couldn't seem to find her best friends.

Usually Hyejin was easy to spot with her dyed hair and glamorous makeup, but today, Taeryoung sighed as she gave up trying to find her. Her and her partner/fake boyfriend, Park Sunghoon, chatted casually as they loaded onto the bus.

Taeryoung thought back to the time they had first met, when they had made the deal. Back then she had thought him so intimidating and cold. But now, as she got to know him, she realized he was really just a playful, awkward person.

As she was lost in her thoughts, she suddenly spotted Hyejin and her partner making their way to their seats. However, something seemed off. She couldn't quite place it, but before she could ask her friend, she received a message from her.

Hyejin:
help
I can't do this Taer

Hyejin then followed with a long paragraph explaining what had happened on the plane and how she didn't know what to do anymore.

Taeryoung:
Hye, CALM DOWN
Why are you guys ignoring each other? Doesn't that only make it more awkward?

Hyejin:
I KNOW
THATS THE PROBLEM

Wow, Taeryoung thought to herself. She never thought she'd live to see the day Hyejin was nervous to talk to a guy. She had dated other guys before but none of them made her act like this.

-

Finally, after what felt like forever, the students unloaded the buses in an old village. There were 3 larger, renovated buildings in the center of the traditional village, which was where the students would be staying.

Each building was two stories high with a few rooms on each floor. The bottom floors would be used for the boys and the top floors for the girls. The first building and half of the second building were for the first year students and the other building and a half for the second year students. It was only 6pm, but the students entered the buildings to set up their sleeping bags.

The teachers handed out schedules with the plans for the next 2 days listed. For now, the students had free time, allowing them to rest and get settled before dinner.

Finally, Hyejin, Taeryoung, and Nayoung were reunited when the teacher announced that they would all be sleeping in the same room. On top of that, they squealed with delight when Yuri informed them she would be sleeping in the room just across from theirs.

As the four girls entered building 2's second floor and set up their spaces, Hyejin ranted about how she and her partner had been awkwardly ignoring each other since he had woken up and realized they had fallen asleep on each other.

As Hyejin continued to grumble about her situation with "the pretty boy who she didn't realize was pretty until he fell asleep on her shoulder," Taeryoung excused herself to get some fresh air.

When she stepped outside, she was surprised to see so many stars out. In Seoul, it was difficult to find so many bright stars in the night sky.

While she squinted up at the sky, she suddenly noticed a familiar upside down face blocking her view. Deja vu?

"Dinner is ready," Sunghoon said flatly as he took hold of her wrist and dragged her to the campsite where the rest of the class was already eating.