. chapter 18 .

The pair was suddenly interrupted by the sound of the lock. Sunghoon and Taeryoung scrambled to separate before Sooyoung opened the door, carrying some fruits and vegetables. Seconds later, Taeryoung's grandma entered carrying bags of groceries.

Upon seeing the handsome male she recognized from the airport, Sooyoung tilted her head in confusion. "Oh, hello." She bowed her head as she carried the produce she was holding to the kitchen counter.

The sisters' grandmother, who had heard plenty from Taeryoung's parents about her surprise boyfriend, smiled widely seeing the boy. "Aigoo!" she exclaimed "You must be our Taeryoung's boyfriend, right?"

The male who was still rather flustered from the sudden interruption, quickly stood up and bowed to the lady. He could hear a soft giggle escape from the girl he had been siting beside as he got up to assist the older lady with her groceries.

"Eyy," the girl's grandmother grinned as the male took the groceries from her and followed Sooyoung to the kitchen. "Where in earth did you find such a handsome, well-mannered boy?" she commented to Taeryoung, who was hiding her face which was still red from being in such close proximity with Sunghoon.

When she finally stood up to greet her grandma, her grandma looked surprised. "Oh! Our poor baby, are you feeling ok? Your face is as red as a tomato," she grabbed her grand-daughter's shoulders with surprising strength and led her to the kitchen to take some medicine.

Sunghoon chuckled as he watched the poor, flustered girl insist to her grandmother that she was feeling better, but to no avail.

-

It was already past noon and Taeryoung was almost feeling back to normal. Sunghoon, who had insisted upon aiding the girl's grandmother with her groceries was now having a cup of barley tea and getting interrogated by her and Sooyoung.

"What grade are you?"

"I'm a second year, ma'am."

"Do you have any siblings?"

"I have a younger sister."

"Do you play any sports?"

"I used to figure skate."

Kim Taeryoung couldn't help but giggle at the entire situation as she peaked around the corner into the kitchen. The male appeared so shy despite his actions towards her earlier that day suggesting otherwise. Her heart felt happy seeing his smile.

She was about to go back to the couch she had previously been resting on when she heard a question that made the tops her ears turn red.

"So," her grandmother started. Taeryoung could hear the smirk in her voice. "Why do you like my granddaughter?"

"I-" Before the boy could answer, the girl barged into the kitchen and marched towards him. "I need your help with something, Sunghoon," she said loudly as she grabbed the boys wrist and dragged him out of the room.

She didn't stop walking until she had dragged him all the way up the stairs into her room. Then she firmly shut the door behind them, still not letting go of the male's wrist.

She turned to look at him as she leaned on the door and took a deep breath, trying her best not to appear embarrassed. The male innocently tilted his head and blinked at her.

"Don't look at me like that," the female finally managed to say as she released the boy's wrist and walked towards the desk on the other side of the room. "Like what?" the male questioned as he followed her.

"Like... that," she repeated as she gestured generally at the boy's still confused face. "Fine, I won't look at you then." The male crossed his arms and turned his back to the girl. "Is this better?"

"Much," she said as she pressed the backs of her hands to her face, trying to cool down her warm cheeks.

The boy peeked back over his shoulder. "Seriously?" He said as the girl waved her hand, motioning him to turn around again. She observed his back with her hands still squeezing her face. God, how could someone's back be so attractive?

The girl shook her head to free herself of those thoughts as she felt her face warming up again. Suddenly, an idea popped into her head.

a/n: how are you enjoying the story so far if you made it here? (btw don't forget to vote :D)