Prologue

Where there is peace, people come and rejoices.

JETTY trails into the crowded Abaga Park for a breath of fresh air. It's the biggest park in town with lots of people coming every single day. Humming a very familiar tune, she sat on an empty bench near the pole. She's about to close her eyes just to savor more the pop music that is playing in her earphone when all of a sudden, she was hit by something right in the face.

"What the hell?" she exclaimed.

Scowling, she picked up the paper on the ground. It's a paper plane in the color of mint. Obviously a scratch paper with lots of incoherent doddles in it. Annoyed as her so-called peaceful space has been disturbed, she stood up as she looked around. She's sure that whoever fly the paper plane is just nearby and she's right. She spotted who the culprit is. It's on a gazebo, flying another paper plane but this time, it's in the different direction.

Briskly walking towards the said gazebo to confront him, Jetty saw him write something on the paper plane and then throw it into the air after. "Ginagawa niya? Mukha ba itong playground?"

She even saw him writing down his notes before he gathered his things up. As she was about to move forward, the man turned around and left. She then shrugged her shoulders and was about to go back when her eyes landed on the table. The man must have left something.

She rolled her eyes. "Hay naku! Kahit kailan talaga. Bakit may mga taong minsan ay shunga?"

Without hesitation, she walked through it and she was right. The man left something and it's a notebook. It kind of reminded her of the paper plane that had crashed on her face a while ago. She sighed as she grabbed it and followed the way where the man trails but just like that, he was gone.

"Eh? Saan nagsuot ang lalaking iyon?" She lost track of him. Maybe she's too occupied by the lovely notebook or maybe she's not really in the mood for a good talk. She hates it when she's been disturbed in between her me-time.

However, she still has hopes that the said man is just there, maybe hanging around somewhere. "Hindi pa siguro iyon nakalalayo. Grabe, mukhang mamahalin pa naman ang klase ng notebook niya. If I were him, mag-p-panic na ako nito."

The park is huge and even after the New Year, people still find time to gather here. Just like her, holiday hangover isn't in their vocabulary. She couldn't blame them because the park is really beautiful and is a cool place to spend time with.

Sighing, she looks up. The sky is kind of gloomy but it never really has a warning sign of rain in it which is good since it would be a shame to walk into the damp pavement while looking for someone she isn't familiar with in the first place.

"Oo nga naman. Bakit ko ba iyon hinahanap eh mukhang wala naman iyong pakialam sa gamit niya?" She then clicked her tongue. "Kung detachable lang ang katawan, baka pati kamay niya naiwan na rin niya."

She is roaming like a lost soul in a vast crowd. She may look like a creep looking at every guy's face that she seems familiar with but to her disappointment, she never spotted the one she's been searching for.

Although she felt like someone is tailing her from behind, she can't seem to mind them because she's been consumed by the idea of finding this someone. She didn't know but she was so into it, like she has given a particular mission and that she will fail to accomplish her task if she will just sit there and wait for a miracle to happen.

Her feet became numb from strolling in every corner, brows furrowed in concentration with a scrunched nose bridge. The frustration that riles her started boiling; hot and impatient. All she ever wanted is to find a tall, moreno, and dark-haired man in black, baggy pants and a sleeve tattoo on his right arm. She only got a glimpse of him but she was sure that the guy resembles the infamous line 'tall, dark and handsome.' She wonders where he went.