02: Unrequited

June 27, 2022

Dear Buddy,

You won't believe me. The moment Venus stepped inside the café today, she draw a lot of attention from people around her. I know how she hates to be the center of attention but dang! I can't help her cuteness as she blushes with embarrassment, briskly walking towards me, trying to act normal and all. I bite back a chuckle. I just wanted to grab her hand and hide her from the world but I am not that selfish to not share my Venus's beauty.

"Just stare," that's the exact dialogue that I said earlier. Just stare because no one can ever be this close to her except for me. It's a shame but this beautiful human is exclusively for me. Only for me.

I may be boosting but hey, I am the only person this close to her. I am the only person with whom she wanted cuddles. I am the only person who can tuck her to bed, sing to her and calm her down in her rage. I am the only person that she likes to hug and damn, she even kisses my shoulder and forehead sometimes.  ̶I̶ ̶h̶o̶p̶e̶ ̶s̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶.̶

Venus doesn't need to doll up herself because people look at her like she's some sort of a celebrity or something. Well, she's a very important person to me and she's my very own celebrity. She was ten times prettier when she stood giddily in front of me, arms hanging low like a little kid. I swear that I hear fireworks somewhere the moment she smiled at me. My heart is skyrocketing.

How long do I have these crazy butterflies in me? Three? Four? Five years? I already lost count of it but I always got one the moment she is with me. Maybe Venus is farming a garden inside my stomach, that may be the reason why butterflies love coming back. Not that I don't mind but I'm afraid that it would kill me in the end. If it happens, I will never regret a thing. Loving her and crazily into her is the sweetest of all.

We've been friends—best friends for a long time. It's been five years. I dunno how it started but we did click. At first, I just shrugged off this weird feeling I felt for her thinking it will just go away until it grow and grow and grow into so much more. What do you call it? They call it love. It scares me but here I am, living with it. Seriously, who would not fall into Veronica Nustacia's expressive eyes? For her intelligence?

Right. Venus's sharp mind is one of her biggest assets. She's a mastermind. It's one of the few reasons why I am so into her. It's clear how I usually talk about her in my previous notes, right? However, it's between me and my notes because I couldn't imagine telling it to anyone else. It's one of my treasures; one of my biggest and deepest secrets. I can't muster any courage. Not with Patrick though we're super close too. Not with Lemuel who is willing to cover me up anytime and not with Mira nor Hazel. Heck! There's no way in hell I would do that.

But sometimes in the depth of my thoughts, what if I tell Venus about it? Will she treat me the same after? Will our friendship change? I guess I will never know. If I wouldn't ask, questions will always be a question and nothing more. It will never solve the mystery but it's okay. It's not like I have plans or anything. I am contented with the friendship that she could offer. I am happy despite everything.

Silently loving,
Calum <3

Silently loving,Calum <3