Epilogue

SCANNING the surroundings, Jetty grabs Letty towards the benches and in every gazebo, however, no raven-haired man came to view. Although she wanted to melt like a slime for expecting someone who is not sure of going back, she has her Father's determination and so she's not giving up, at least, not yet.

If Jetty is too eager, Letty feels the same way as her twin sister. Mr. Carl Lumaria deserves to have his notebook back. "Letty?"

"Hmmm?" she hummed, eyeing every possible corner of the park.

"What if naghahanap lang pala tayo sa wala? What if he's not coming back at all?" asked Jetty while her head is bowed, obviously too tired of hoping.

"We can find any possible ways. I know what to do if ever na hindi na siya bumalik dito," the other responded.

Jetty sighed helplessly. "But would he take it back? Sabi niya kasi, he's letting go of it na for real as a way of setting Ms. Venus free."

Letty made a face as she snorted. "I don't know. Hindi ko nga alam kung bakit we're too concerned with this eh hindi naman natin kilala iyong tao."

"Because we care? Sa kaniya pa rin naman ito and if he really wanted to let go of this, he should burn it or bury it. I don't care but we are enough as a witness of his undying love to his best friend," Jetty explains.

"Sa bagay, may point ka nga." Letty then scanned again her surroundings.

Jetty sighed. "Baka kasi if makita ito ng iba, pagtatawanan lang siya knowing how social media people works. They will use it as a clout at baka ipagkakalat pa ang laman ng diary na ito."

Letty eventually nods. "Right, right. Let's just go and find him."

"If we ever find him," Jetty said, "Maghiwa-hiwalay tayo."

"Okay. Doon ako." Letty pointed at the other side.

Jetty then stared into her twin sister's eyes. "Meet me here in 20 minutes. Naiintindihan mo ba ako? Kapag wala pa ako rito after 20 minutes, don't go anywhere to look for me. Call me instead. Babalik ako. Babalikan kita rito kahit mahuli pa ako ng dating."

Letty, annoyed, she deadpanned. "As far as I know, ako ang Ate rito."

"Argh! Promise me, Letty!" Jetty demanded, brows quirking.

"Promiiiiseeee..." Letty then started walking away. She runs towards the other side of the park.

Jetty on the other hand just watches her until she lost sight of her. That's when she started moving. She took her time looking at every nook and cranny of her assigned place but no raven-haired man appeared in front of her. Not even a silhouette nor any trace of Mr. Carl Lumaria's existence there. She wondered if he was really serious about his soul-searching.

What if he's not coming back again? It's his favorite place after all and if he's not yet coming, she is certain that the guy is really serious about setting free of Ms. Venus completely. She's not aware of the story behind that and what happened during the closed curtains since the diary is her only blueprint but from what is written there, she's sure that it's not that good to talk about.

"Nasaan ka na, Sir? Wala ka na ba talagang balak na balikan ang diary mo?" Frustrated, she stomped her feet on the cobblestone. "You're really a coward. Hindi mo na nga inilaban ang taong mahal mo, iniwan mo pa ang privacy mo sa gitna ng maraming tao."

She run out of time so she scurried back to their meeting place with her twin sister. She already saw her there, waiting patiently for her. By the look on her face, she could tell that she also failed to look for him.

"Olats, Jettisha." Letty chucks, rocking herself.

"Same here." Jetty shakes her head in defeat. "So? Paano na iyan?"