Worse Things

Jude, Xander, Antony, Jett, Ebby and myself are warming up for rehearsal. 
"Hey, team." Kenzie says walking in. "I hope you're all warmed up. Today is going to be a busy day. We are going to be starting the choreography for your large group dance for Nationals. Ready?" Kenzie says to Jude, who nods. "I also have an announcement. Considering how great Jude did choreographing the small group dance, I thought she'd be even better choreographing the large group dance." 
We all cheer. 
"Way to go, Jude. This will be great." I say to my sister. 
"Up top." Jett says to Jude and high fives her. 
"Are you ready to start?" Kenzie asks Jude. 
"Yep." Jude says using her nervous voice, I pretend not to hear it.
"Do you have any questions?" Kenzie says.
"Nope, nope. I have tonnes of ideas and it'll be great." Jude tells her.
"I can't wait to see what you have in store." Kenzie replies.
She ends up walking out.
"OK, so..." Jude begins. "...let's get started, yeah?"
'Yeah.' 'Mm-hm.' We reply.
"Warm-up first." Jude tells us.
"Yeah, perfect." I say.
"Let's do it." Ebby says.
"OK." Jude says and makes up do some warm-ups.

We are doing jumping jacks but Antony doesn't seen that interested. 
"We've been warming up for a while." Antony says stopping. "I think we're all pretty warm. Look, I'm just trying to save some energy for the dance. Am I right?" 
All of us nod.
"Yes, good idea. We should talk about it cos I have so many ideas that I just want to..." Jude starts. "...I want to see, you know, come to life and..." She rants on a little bit before finishing. "Who wants to do it over pizza?" 
"Pizza?" Xander says.
"Yeah, pizza?" She tells us.
"Yeah!" We all say. 
"OK, what topping should I get?" She asks. 
"Pineapple." Somebody says. "Pepperoni." I say. 
"Pineapple and pepperoni." Jude says to herself to remember. 

We are eating pizza or at least finishing it.
"All right." Antony tells Jude. "So, can we start back up now?" 
"Wait, we have to digest first." Jude says.
"Yeah." Some of us say.
"OK. I'm good, so I'm going to start practising." Antony tells us. 
"I'm so full." Xander says staring at the pizza. 
Kenzie walks in.
"Oh. Hey Kenzie." Jude says turning around to her. "Did you want a slice? I saved pepperoni for you."
"What is going on here?!" Kenzie asks. 
"Oh, well, we're just trying to fuel up before..." Jude starts. "...before we get started."
"You haven't started yet?!" Kenzie says out of anger.
"Of course we have. We've been working on chemistry." Jude tells her. "You know, the steps are all there, but I wanted to really bond before we get in the zone."
"I'm already in the zone, Coach." Antony says. 
"I like your attitude." Kenzie tells him. "If you need support, just let me know." 
"I'm OK. I'm all good." Jude says. 
"I'm trusting you." Kenzie tells her. "Let's wrap this up."
"OK, well, put the pizza down." Jude says. "we're going to... We're going to ger started. OK."

We are practicing something Jude told us.
"Seven, eight. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight." Jude counts. "Awesome. Good job." I
"So, I have a couple of ideas that I think will really compliment your choreo, if that's OK with you?" Antony says to her. 
"OK." Jude says.
"Really?" Antony says.
"Yeah." Jude tells him. 
"OK, so we..." Antony shows as he is talking. "We'll be back here after the training session. I was saying we'd do a big jump... into a turn, explosion out."
"That is fire." I tell him. "Show me that again." 
"Yeah, I like your style." Antony says. "I have a little bit more."
"Keep going." Jude tells him. 
"I'd love to see it." Ebby says.
"OK." Antony replies continuing. "Jump. Turn. Out." He shows more moves. "Hit. You're going to go out, in."
"Antony, can you just keep leading them through your ideas?" Jude asks him. "I have to make a call."
"Are you OK?" He asks her.
"Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm all good." She tells him. "I'll be back in a sec."
"OK." He says concerned. "So, let's go from the top. Yeah? Back up a little bit. Five, six, seven, eight. Jump, on, three and hit five."

"One, two, three, four, five, six and seven, eight." Antony counts as we dance. "Pose."
"Hey." Jude says coming in with napkins in hand. "Sorry. I needed to be alone to rework my thoughts, but I got the choreo."
"You write notes on napkins?" Jett asks.
"Yeah. Napkins. Bus tickets." Jude explains. "It's a weird method I have. You know, I need to be by my self."
"Hi. I can't wait to see what you came up with." Kenzie said walking in. 
"We're going to need a bit more time, though." Jude said. "I didn't like what we had so far, so I decided to scrap it and I decided to rework the whole thing. But I have it right here."
"Let me see it." Kenzie offers her hand out.
"You want us to wipe out the competition, right?" Jude jokes. "Get it? Napkins."
"Oh, Jude, this is some next-level stuff." Kenzie says looking at the napkins. "Team, look." She shows it to all of us.
"You did all this choreo while you were gone?" Antony asks.
"Uh-hm." Jude nods. 
"This isn't her choreography." Antony says and we are all shocked he would say that. 
"What do you mean?" Kenzie says.
"It's not hers. She's lying." Antony says again.
"OK. It was obvious that you wanted to choreograph, but you didn't need to sabotage your own team-mate." I tell him. 
"I'm not trying to sabotage anyone." Antony tells us. "I'm actually trying to help." 
"She brought you pizza, dude. Not cool." Jett joins me. 
"That's actually the first reason why I thought something was wrong." Antony tells us. "Why are we having a pizza party? We should be preparing for Nationals."
"'This isn't the right time for pizza,' said no-one ever!" Xander says to him.
"Antony, you wanted to choreograph?" Kenzie asks him. 
"Yes, but..." Antony starts.
"Jealousy has no place on this team." Kenzie tells him.  "We're supposed to support one another."
"I may have been a bit jealous," Antony says. "because I love choreo, but that doesn't mean I was trying to sabotage anyone and I definitely wouldn't lie to you. I'm not a liar!"
"Well, Jude lying is absolutely..." Kenzie starts.
"True!" Jude blurts out. "It's absolutely true. It's not my choreo. It's Cleo's. And I only asked Cleo for help because I couldn't come up with anything for this dance or for the small group and I really wanted to help the team. I'm really sorry. Antony, your choreo was so good and I was so intimidated, I wanted to create something to help us at Nationals."
"I just wish you had told us that." Antony says. "We could have figured something out together."
"I wish that, too." Jude tells him.
"There's a conversation we need to have." Kenzie tells her. "Follow me to Nick's office."