Chapter 3- Suspect-

In the end, he was led to the local park. Gillian to led him to a bench under a vibrant orange and red tree with leaves scattering all around with the sunset acting like a halo, making the spot look like as if came out of wonderland.  Soon after, the other turns away in another direction, baffling Bai Yohan.

"Gillian? Where are you going?" he asked completely puzzled.

"Stay there for a bit, I'll be back in a minute" the other replied without turning around or stopping.

Normally Bai Yohan would keep pestering him, however with everything that has happened today, he had little energy to try to figure out what his friend was up to; thus, he decided to quietly sit on the bench under the tree, contemplating his life. Today just wasn't a good day for him at all. For whatever reason, today he couldn't handle it.

Maybe it was because of that dream he had.

Maybe it was because he hadn't slept well at night.

But he has pulled all-nighter's before, and he had much more energy than today.

It was definitely the dream.

Honestly, he has seen so much atrocious shit before, but a mere dream can scare him so easily?  Why was he so weak? Why couldn't he be like Gillian: fearless in any situation and always knowing what to do despite not talking that much to people. Bai Yohan has tried a lot in the past to get his over his disgust and fear of the smell of blood.

Just the stupid smell. 

He can stand anything but just not the smell, why? Why can't he just not get over it?

Due to his weariness, he managed to anger a family member of the No Mercy Killer. He should have explained sooner. He should have tried to reason with her more. He should have done things differently.

Maybe Laurence was right about if he was even qualified for the job. Even if Laurence doesn't think that now, his past words still hold truth because how incompetent he was today. He was a fraud, nothing he ever did was good enough for him. He wanted to be something more, to do something more. Things seemed to be going too fast today so he didn't even bother trying to take extra measures just in case something went wrong.

....

..

.

"Chief??!"  An investigator was shocked that Bai Yohan already had a lead of the whereabouts of where this missing girl could be. "Already? Are you sure? There isn't any other evidence that points to this place." The investigator added; he knew that the young Chief detective was very bright, but he didn't know how he made the correlation to where the missing girl could be held.

"I am very confident in this, trust me." Bai Yohan smiled as he added "And yes, the evidence doesn't say that it's that place specifically, but the evidence does cross out all other areas that she could be held at without suspicion. Even if I'm wrong and she's not there, then at least we have another place crossed out." He handed some papers to the other. The investigator stared at the other with complicated eyes and finally took the papers from his hand. As he was about to say something, a voice interjected.

"Are you pulling things out of your ass now?" The voice belonged to a redhead named Laurence. He had slight stubble on his face and a scowl plastered on his face. He reached out for the papers in the investigator's hand and took a moment to carefully read it over before scoffing. He looked straight into Bai Yohan's eyes and asked "Are you even qualified for this job? So young yet so stupid. We already have looked here if you can't remember." Bai Yohan slightly laughed and didn't take his insult to heart too much.