𝐯. 𝗋𝖾𝗎𝗇𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌

┊͙✧˖*°࿐ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

  𝐔𝐩𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥 𝐉𝐚𝐜𝐚𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐋𝐮𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 training yard was not so different from when they first left for Dragonstone all those years ago

𝐔𝐩𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥 𝐉𝐚𝐜𝐚𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐋𝐮𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 training yard was not so different from when they first left for Dragonstone all those years ago. The weapons were still exactly where they had been and the straw men looked more beaten than they had a few years ago. The brothers had been anxiously waiting to catch a glimpse of their sister who had been writing them expressing her excitement.

"Smaller than I remember." Lucerys hummed as he walked behind his brother and down the steps.

Jace who seemed to be in higher spirits scoffed softly. "It looks exactly the same." Spotting the weapons laying on the wood, he couldn't help but drag his younger brother over to the assortment. "Ah, Luke, come on."

The watchful eyes following them around the yard did not go unnoticed. The judgemental stares made the younger Velaryon want to shrink into himself and disappear but his brother appeared to be unfazed.

Jace went over to the wall running his hand along the dent Lucerys had made last time they were here. "See I told you this would still be here. And you thought you could swing Criston's morningstar." Swiping his hand over Lucerys' hair making the younger boy smile with a grimace. "And you almost took your own head off."

Noticing his brother's uneasiness, Luke's attention was on the lords and ladies while his was on the weapons laid on the table. "What's your problem?"

  "Everyone's staring at us." Ignoring Jacaerys antics of swiping a sword his way he continued. "No one would question me being heir to Driftmark, if," trailing off, speaking softer than before. " if I looked more like Ser Laenor Velaryon than Ser Harwin Strong."

Sighing Jace laid down the sword turning toward his brother. "It doesn't matter what they think." The sound of swords clashing and cheers echoing through the courtyard cut off Luke who had gone to respond. Both boys going over to the forming crowd.

The brothers watched with curiosity and awe as Criston brought his morningstar down onto his opponent's shield, the wood splintering and shattering. Now rendered useless the Targaryen threw it to the side.

Jace didn't know which of his uncles it was, stretching his neck to hopefully catch a glimpse of his face was pointless until the man swung his sword in Criston's direction, ducking to avoid the weapon swinging towards his head.

The eyepatch on display once the man turned, his silver hair flying in front of him was enough to tell the brothers who was fighting in front of them. Sharing an uneasy look the nerves racked through Luke the longer he stood there. He knew his sister was around close by, wherever Aemond was, Rhaella was never far.

Criston in a last attempt to swing at Aemond missed as the man ducked and held his sword up in front of his neck. Cheers sounded applauding the Prince for his victory.

But the claps of someone descending the steps drew the brother's attention towards the noise. The silver hair belonging to that of their sister shone in the sunlight. The gold on her black dress shining just as bright as she made her way towards Aemond who lowered his sword when he caught sight of her.

Luke wanted to run over to his sister but chose not to as she had not yet noticed them and Jace grabbed his arm shaking his head. All they could do was watch as Aemond caressed her back when her arms wrapped themselves around his neck, pulling him down to her.

Jacaerys eyes fell down when their lips connected only having now noticed the bump where his sister's usually flat stomach used to be when Aemonds hand smoothed over it when he pulled away from Rhaella.

Placing her hand on top of his, she smiled up at him. "Well done, my love."

  "You'll be winning tourneys in no time." Criston agreed with the Princess speaking up as he picked up his discarded weapon. The Prince scoffed tucking a strand of Rhaella's hair behind her ear as he glanced over her shoulder.

  "I don't give a shit about tourneys." Placing his sword back in its hold, his gaze flickered between the two young boys watching them. "Nephews, have you come to train?"

Rhaella felt her brows furrow at the words, having been waiting for news of her family's arrival. Turning she caught sight of her younger brother and twin staring at her in shock. Both having grown so much since she last saw them.

The sibling's shock at seeing each other was put to the side when the guards shouted. "Open the gates!"

The sight of the Velaryon sigil made Rhaella pull away from her husband and move toward her brothers. Placing her hand on their shoulders their heads turned toward her, wariness in their eyes. Resting her head on Jace's shoulder she pulled Luke closer to her body, the latter being careful to avoid pressing against her bump that was carrying his niece or nephew.

Her hand squeezed Luke closer to her when Vaemond Velaryon came into their sight, his guards walking by his side. His eyes fell on the three siblings, his eyes narrowed into slits at the threat to his succession. Rhaella met his glare with her own, the man's eyes moving to hers before glancing back in front of him.

~

The sound of the rain hitting the windows outside of her and Aemonds shared room was almost enough to lull the princess into sleep but the anxiousness of what was coming in the morrow was enough to keep her awake. The candle's light flickered on the walls, her eyes moving to the prince that was still asleep, the patch no longer covering his eye.

Her eyes flickered down to his chest, the bare skin orange from the light of the fire. The sheet rested right below his stomach. His chest rose and fell in a steady pattern, showing her that he was still in a deep sleep. Seeing him sleep so peacefully made her envious as she hugged her robe closer to her body, leaning her head against the window.

The sound of a groan made her head turn, seeing Aemonds eye flutter open, confusion settling on his features when he didn't feel Rhaella's body pressed against his. Feeling the bed sink his head turned to see Rhaella sitting at his side with her hand resting on her stomach.

She didn't say anything as she reached for his hand her thumb rubbing across the back. His hand squeezed hers, waiting for her to look up and meet his eye. This was the first time in a long time he had seen her not be able to sleep. He just hoped the nightmares hadn't returned.

The silence alone was enough to worry him.

"Ñuha jorrāelagon." The words made Rhaella's violet eyes meet his own. ( my love )

"Do you support my brother's claim?" Rhaella asked the question she more than likely already knew his answer to. She never blamed him for having the feelings he did toward her brother. After all it was Lucerys that took his eye and she never faulted him for how he felt. Though hearing his sigh confirming her suspicions hurt more than anticipated.

"Rhaella." He sat up, his back resting against the headboard, lips pursing when she pulled her hand from his. "Their claim is not that of a true Velaryon."

Rhaella felt her heart clench, eyes falling from his. "Support my brother, Aemond. If not for Luke. For me, for our child."

Aemond didn't have a response, or if he did he didn't say anything. Rhaella only looked to him once more when he placed his hand on her stomach beside hers, feeling the soft kicks of the baby inside.

"My loyalty has always lied with you Rhaella, you know that."

The princess did know, she always had. But she didn't know if his loyalty to her was stronger than that of his for his family or his thirst for revenge.