𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝗌𝗍𝗈𝗋𝗆'𝗌 𝖾𝗇𝖽

┊͙✧˖*°࿐ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

  𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦 𝐬𝐮𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭, not even a breath could be heard as Aemond's fist was slammed onto the table

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦 𝐬𝐮𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭, not even a breath could be heard as Aemond's fist was slammed onto the table. The wood nearly splintering at the force. The Prince's chair screeched as he stood, his lips twisting in anger at his grandsire, the Hands proposal.

  "Aemond." Alicent warned under her breath, she knew her son would not take the news with a smile, he would fight just as he always had for Rhaella.

Aemond's eye turned its harsh glare towards her. "You all must have gone mad. My wife is with child and still, you sit here and discuss such matters as annulling my marriage." The other members of the small council were tense, not knowing how the Prince would continue to react if the Hand continued to push his proposal into such dangerous waters.

Otto leaned back in his chair, clearing his throat as he watched his grandson's hand clench the edge of the table. "Borros Baratheon has four daughters, all unmarried. To secure an alliance with the great houses sacrifices must be made."

The Prince scoffed, the quiet laugh he released sent chills down the council's spines. "Betroth Daeron to one, I don't care which. But God's be damned if I will sit here and listen to such nonsense surrounding the matters of my wife and unborn child."

Alicent released a breath through her nose, if not for Aemond's hatred for Rhaella's brothers she was sure he would be with her on Dragonstone, helping Rhaenyra ascend the throne but his hatred was far too great. That was the only reason he was still there, it wasn't out of love for his family or brother. But he was slipping, without Rhaella his rage went unchecked, that much was obvious as his hand grazed his dagger that was secured in his belt.

  "Rhaella has chosen her side, for both her and your child." Alicent told him, standing up from her seat, her eyes meeting his, seeing the flames that burned in the Targaryens burning in her son's lilac eye. "It is time you chose yours. You will fly to Storm's End and treat with Lord Borros before the morrow."

Aemond held her stare for a moment, his hand grabbing the chair and throwing it, the wood shattering at the force it was thrown when it made contact with the stone floor. The guards were nearly hit with the doors as he shoved them open, his blood boiling beneath his skin as he made his way from the council meeting chambers, shouting at guards to make preparations to escort him to the dragon pit, knowing Vhagar would be flying nearby.

~

Rhaella hadn't left her chamber in over a days time, her mother summoning her presence in the war room did not go unnoticed and she had not meant to disappoint or disobey her mother but she could only hear talk of murdering her husband, and placing his head on a spike along with the rest of his family so much before it finally tore her down.