𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝗆𝗂𝗇𝖾 𝗍𝗈 𝗁𝖺𝗏𝖾

WARNING: SA
┊͙✧˖*°࿐ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

  𝐑𝐡𝐚𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐭𝐨 Aemond at all on the walk back to their shared quarters

𝐑𝐡𝐚𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐭𝐨 Aemond at all on the walk back to their shared quarters. The silence between them was tense. The silver-haired man had known he had hurt her, something he never meant to do.

Rhaella hadn't defended him, only her brothers.

The same brothers that made Aemond break his promise to her. Lucerys and the pig brought back memories he tried to forget.

He couldn't forget the look in her eyes when he finally looked down at her, the pain her violet eyes held as she held onto herself.

Rhaella merely shook her head when he suggested the maester come and check on the babe. He had wanted to refuse and insist anyway because she had been in so much pain he nearly had to carry her back to their chamber. But once to the room, she shoved away from him, making her way over to the window and sitting on the ledge that was decorated in covers, and assortments of pillows. She heard him shuffling behind her as he took off his leather top, leaving him in his white tunic. The girl turned her head to look back out the window when he lifted his head.

Her hand reached up and swiped at the trail of tears that made its way down her cheeks, the betrayal of having her husband call her brothers bastards and indirectly call her a bastard as well was a pain she hadn't felt since she was a child. Only this time it wasn't Aegon making jokes it was her husband, the man she had loved her entire life. Hearing him whisper her name should have made her blood boil, but it only made another tear fall from her eye as she refused to look at him. She rested her head against the cool glass, her hands falling onto her stomach.

"Rhaella," Aemond attempted once more, his voice barely above a whisper. He wanted her to know he never meant to offend her, the harsh words would never in his life be spoken towards her from his mouth. "My words were not intended for you or meant to cause you harm."

The princess would have laughed at his words but she couldn't find it in her. The silence in the room was tense, his eyes never wavering from her form, he watched as she held herself protectively as if she was trying to hide herself from him. That sight alone nearly made him recoil but the anger he felt was almost too much.

Rhaella heard the man sigh in defeat when she did not move to respond. She thought he had finally laid in their bed and she could sit in silence. She could only flinch when the sound of glass shattering against the wall echoed throughout the room.

"I've tried my entire life to please you," He scoffed, reaching up and gripping the worn and weathered patch from his face, throwing it in her direction. The small object fell in her lap as Rhaella could hear the anger in his voice, anger that had never once been directed at her. "even after your brother took my eye. My promise was almost kept, it wasn't I who broke it, Rhaella."