vacations

some notes and a sneak peak at the original "vacations" imagine, it did not start the way it ended i'll tell you that much, it was a lot of trial and error and deleting and rewriting and editing, but it was worth it.

the plotline: (the one i end up using) : y/n and the band are staying at damiano's parent's house over some holidays, why the whole band is there, nobody knows it just makes the story more interesting, damiano's family loves the guys anyways, they are sharing a small guest room, which again i have no idea why it's just to make it more cozy. they go to dinner walk in the snow (which we are pretending is a common thing to happen in rome) blah blah blah ends with cozy little fire and everybody goes night night.

how the original versions plotline went: y/n and the band are staying at y/n's parent's house over some holidays, why the whole band is there, nobody knows it just makes the story more interesting. they are sharing a small guest room, which again i have no idea why it's just to make it more cozy. they spend the day conversing with y/n's younger siblings and eventually go out for a smoke where they see snow, y/n, disgusted by the snow is revolted, it skips some time to when the band is driving to a winter festival in the city and they see christmas lights, get hot chocolate and go sledding, eventually they come home extremely tired and go to bed.

i realized i had gotten to off track multiple times through out the story and left myself little notes of what i wanted to add or edit or delete, things that didn't make sense or were redundant, i underline everything i want to delete or edit before immediately deleting, i like to see what i want to keep with what i plan on editing, here are a few notes and underlined things i added,

note #1: figure a way out of this scene, it's getting too long and boring and is going way off the plot of the story, remember the plot. or at least put in more details that will help the plot later.

i found this note in the original right after the breakfast scene, it had gone on much longer than i originally intended or wanted so i left myself a note to wrap it up.

note #2: deleting the last bit it has nothing to do with the plot it's just a small detail from earlier and it didn't need to drag out this far.

this is seen just after the smoking scene in the original story, i end up completley removing and changing the plot, it was originally that they were staying at y/n's parents house but i changed it to damiano's to make it easier for y/n and vic to be sisters without the story being complicated, here's what i underlined.

"nuh-uh! i don't want you guys even getting near this stuff.. it's so bad for you i don't want you guys to even breathe it from us!" i said and closed the door before anyone could leave,

"you're such a hypocrite! why can you smoke and we can't?" luna whined,

"we smoke because we were dumb teenagers who just 'wanted to try it' or 'wanted to be cool' and got addicted.. we don't smoke because it's cool or fun we smoke because we're addicted!"

to this they gave up,

i originally had it so that y/n's siblings wanted to go out for a smoke with the guys but realized it drifted too far from the plot, i didn't want it in the story so i simply removed it, and incase you're confused about why y/n has a sibling named luna, in the original story y/n and vic weren't sisters like they are in all my other oneshots, i end up changing this in the final story to the usual of them being sisters.

note #3: i hated this so much, it was more of a story between the band and y/n, it wasn't a one-shot, it wasn't something i could recognize as y/n and damiano in a relationship very strongly, i love incorporating the whole band into my works but this just wasn't working for me.

i added this note in after realizing what i had originally wrote, i didn't like it one bit, it had drifted way too far from my idea and i wanted to change it, it was something that was good for a different idea, but not this one.

so that's all about the original version of vacations, now onto the final version.

this was the only note in the final version, it was something that took away from a story idea i had to make the story focus more on y/n and damiano's relationship.. it was the scene where damiano gives y/n his coat, i had wrote it before the guys even got to the bar, which i figured would fuck up the plot later.

the note in question: that was cute but it kind of takes away from the end goal,

here's what i underlined and ultimately decided was unsalvageable, so i decided to scrap it,

we walked there and it was kind of chilly, i tried to stick it out but i couldn't, it was a mile walk given it was across the street from our old high school.

"dami i'm cold!" i whined and he looked at me, i gave him my best puppy dog eyes and he removed his coat and gave it to me,

"better?" he said and grabbed my hand, interlocking his fingers with mine.

you can see it was an adorable scene but i didn't want it to take away from one of the ending scenes where damiano gives y/n his coat on their walk home from the bar.

----------------------------------------------

this piece was so stressful and it isn't even good :/

love you all so very much

caz out.

word count: 1025.