Results and Conclusions

(Last page in Luthor's observation journal. Words are written with a Pilot Metropolitan fountain pen. Clean and with no erasures.)

RESULTS AND CONCLUSIONS

Summarized observational notes about the subject, Lost between Reality and a Lengthy Illusion (LoReLeI) are listed as follows:

• The subject was apprehensive upon first meeting, but eventually eased down when she deemed the observationalist trustworthy.
• The subject showed great interest in learning. She's aware of human norms and basic necessities despite the subject's claim of not ever leaving her home forest.
• The subject, who had given three conditions upon the start of the creation of the journal, is not a stickler to her rules. The subject showed signs of breaking the third rule.
• The subject had been writing her own journal. It contains details about the subject's inner thoughts, feelings, and desires. The subject left it in the forest.
• The subject broke the third rule.
• The subject was happy and grateful all throughout the observational study.

Observationalist L.M. therefore concludes that the subject's "mortality" has no correlation between the subject's authenticity and any observed difference due to an individual's personal perception of what is real and what is not.

Upon writing these results, the observationalist has decided that further observation should not be explored in future studies.

---------

The notebook made a small thud as Luthor shut close the observation journal. Humming contentedly to himself, he lowered his gaze a playful remark left his lips.

"Forgive my selfishness, Lorelei. But this observation was done mutually by us." He paused, his left hand tracing the carved letters etched on the tile.

"I hope you don't mind if I keep the memories to myself."

The strong wind blew a single leaf petal atop Luthor's head. Luthor took it. The edges of his eyes softened as he stared at it.

"I now understand the fondness for your name, even though you don't believe in its importance," Luthor told her, his feet straightening up in the process. "I hope it's not the reason why you fell in love with me."

He placed his hands behind his back as he gave the plaque a longing stare.

"Thank you for spending your final moments with me."

There was no answer, but it's alright. Luthor isn't looking for one anyway.

Voice soft, almost a whisper, Luthor added. "I'll come to visit you again."

Luthor then took his leave.

Lorelei Rios

(August 21, 2000 - November 25, 2017)