Prolouge

Neymar smiled as he pulled up to his house

Neymar smiled as he pulled up to his house. He had finished training early. He was looking forward to spending time with his girlfriend, Anaïs, and their daughter, Élodie. Élodie was almost three years old now, and she was his little princess.

Neymar opened the door, "I'm home!"

When he looked around, he was shocked to see two suitcases. They weren't his as he didn't have a trip to go one for another couple of weeks. He recognised one of the suitcases as Anaïs'. Neymar had seen her use them when she travelled for shows. He was more surprised to see a smaller Frozen suitcase that belonged to Élodie. Camila had bought it for his little girl.

"Anaïs?" He called out.

"Neymar. You're early," Anaïs appeared from around the corner.

"Yeah. Training ended early. What is going on? Are you and Élodie going on a trip?"

She sighed heavily, "I'm sorry."

"A-are you leaving, Anaïs?" Neymar stuttered.

"Yes."

Her voice was barely above a whisper. Just like that, Neymar felt his entire world crumbling. He staggered forward and grabbed her hand. The tears started streaming down his cheeks.

"Why?"

"I-I don't want to be here anymore."

"Anaïs, please stay."

"I'm sorry. I can't. I'll make sure that you still Élodie every week though, but I have to go, Neymar," she pulled her hand away.

"You don't have to go. Please stay. I need you and Élodie."

"I have to go."

"No, you don't. You can stay. I-I'll move to the guest house. You and Élodie can stay here in the main house."

"I wouldn't make you do that, but we are leaving."

"Por favor," he begged, taking her hand again, "please please. S'il vous plaît, Anaïs."

"Neymar, please let me go."

"I can't. I love you."

"I don't love you anymore."

Neymar fell to his knees, sobbing. She pulled her hand away. Neymar felt his heart breaking inside of his chest. He had loved Anaïs from their first date, and he had planned on proposing to her. There was a ring upstairs in a velvet box that he would never get to give to her.

"I'm sorry, Neymar. I-I don't have a good explanation," she placed a hand on his cheek, "you're a wonderful man and father. I wouldn't ever dream of taking Élodie away permanently. I'm staying in Paris. I promise to make sure you see her often."

"Anaïs," he sobbed.

"I-I'll be in touch later to set up a time for you to see Élodie."

Neymar watched in shock, tears steaming down his cheeks, as Anaïs took the handles of her suitcase as well as Élodie's suitcase. He watched as his future walked away. His heart was completely broken as he laid down on the floor and cried.