Four

"Princesa, are you ready?" Neymar knocked on Élodie's bedroom door

"Yes!"

Élodie opened her bedroom door. She was standing there in her dance class clothes. Neymar smiled softly. She looked so cute. Neymar really wanted Élodie to do football. She loved going to games and watching him play, but Élodie showed no interest in trying herself. Every time she tried, Élodie cried. She eventually tried ballet, and much to Anaïs's excitement, Élodie loved it.

"Did you stretch?" Neymar asked.

"Sim!" She nodded.

"Good. We don't want you getting hurt, right?"

"Right! Papai, can you do my hair?"

"How do you do your hair?" Neymar tilted his head.

"Ballet bun!"

"I have no idea how to do that. Maybe Tia Camellia will?"

"TIA! TIA! TIA!" Élodie ran off yelling.

Neymar chuckled. He followed behind her more slowly. Seeing Élodie in her leotard, tights, and skirt reminded him of Anaïs. She almost always walked around the house in her leotard and tights. The first time that Neymar met Anaïs, she was in her dance wear.

Neymar's jaw was clenched as he walked through the mall. His eyes were narrowed, and he had his headphones on. He was looking for a birthday gift for Valentin. Neymar honestly wasn't sure what he wanted to get Carolina's son, but he wanted it to be special.

Neymar stopped at a stand that had smoothies. He figured it would be a good idea to get a protein shake since he had just completed a gruelling practice. He paid for the smoothie with cash and thanked the worker.

As soon as Neymar turned around, he smacked into someone. They both stumbled, and he dumped his drink on the other person.

"Êtes-vous sérieux?!"

"Watch it!" Neymar hissed.

"You're the one who ran into me! And dumped your smoothie all over my new jacket!" A petite woman was glaring at him while wiping herself clean from his green smoothie.

"Pour vous, madame," one of the smoothie stand workers gave her a few napkins.

"Merci," she said.

"Look, you're right. I'm sorry. I turned right into you. Can I pay to get your jacket dry cleaned?" Neymar sighed.

"Thank you for the offer," the woman nodded, "I'm Anaïs."

"Neymar."

"Yes, I know. My brother is a PSG fan," Anaïs smiled as she took off her jacket revealing clothes that looked like a second skin on her toned body.

Neymar took it and looked at it, "opéra national de Paris. You're a singer?"

"Not quite. I'm a professional ballerina."

"Oh wow. That's crazy. Do you like it?"

"I love it. It's my life and everything."

"I know the feeling," Neymar nodded and handed her his phone, "here, give me your number so I can get this back to you."

"Thank you," she took his phone and quickly typed her number in.

"I'll call you in a couple days."

"Sounds good. Have a good rest of your day, Neymar."

"You too, Anaïs."

"Papai! Look! Tia did my hair, and now I look like Maman!"

It was true. With her hair twisted on top of her head, Élodie looked like a younger version of Anaïs. Neymar's stomach clenched as he forced a smiled.

"Yes, you do look just like your mamãe."