One

"Hi, Neymar

"Hi, Neymar."

"Anaïs," he nodded.

"Papai!"

"Minha princesa," Neymar grinned.

He squatted down as Élodie ran over to him. She hugged him tightly. Neymar hugged her back, holding her close to chest. He stood up and kissed her temple gently. He missed having Élodie and Anaïs in the house.

Neymar sighed a little. Yet another failed relationship where his child didn't live with him. Neymar felt too old for that, but here he was.

"Here is her bag. It's got her ballet clothes and shoes in it as well," Anaïs handed over a duffel bag.

"Great, obrigado. What time is class again?"

"Tomorrow at 11am."

"Okay. That's perfect. I'll be able to take Élodie before the game."

"Okay. I'll pick her up next Thursday before you travel."

"Sounds good. Have a nice week," Neymar gave a small smile.

"You too. Au revoir, mon amour," she kissed Élodie's cheek.

"Au revoir, maman!" Élodie smiled.

Neymar watched as Anaïs walked away and got into her Range Rover. She waved goodbye to them. Neymar waved back before Anaïs drove off.

"Want to go play with Poker, Truco, and Flush? They've missed you, Él."

"Yes yes yes!"

Élodie almost flew out of Neymar's arms and towards the house. Neymar followed her more slowly. She could hear Élodie already talking with Camila and Rafaella. He knew his sisters both had missed having Élodie around.

Neymar walked into the house and immediately heard laughing. He smiled and leaned in the walkway of the family room. Camila, Rafaella, and Élodie were all playing around with his dogs. Élodie loved the dogs, and the dogs loved her. They were protective of Élodie from the moment she came home from the hospital.

Neymar's eyes wondered over to the fireplace mantle. He was yet to take down the pictures of him and Anaïs since she left him almost nine months ago. Camila and Rafaella had tried to talk him into taking them down multiple times, but he declined, saying that he wanted to keep things the same for Élodie.

"Is that my Élodie?" A new voice added.

"Avó!" Élodie ran over.

"Mãe," Neymar smiled, "when did you get here?"

"About three minutes ago," Nadine smiled as she hugged Élodie.

Neymar walked over to where Camila and Rafaella were. He gave them each a hug and kiss. He was grateful to have his family to lean on the past months. Neymar couldn't get used to coming home and not having Anaïs and Élodie there.

He had heard from Carlos that Anaïs had bought an upscale condo not too far from Palais Garnier. Caterina had visited a few times and said the condo was nice. Obviously there wasn't a backyard, but there was a pool and a gym in the complex. It was also dog friendly, so Anaïs got a dog. Some fluffy breed that Neymar couldn't pronounce.

"Is Anaïs going to let Élodie go to the World Cup?" Rafaella asked.

"We talked it over, and we both decided it would be best if Élodie didn't go. Davi isn't going either," Neymar rubbed the back of his neck, "I'd love to have Davi and Élodie there, but it is what it is."

"I'm sorry, Ney," Camila laid a hand on his arm.

"It's okay," he shrugged, "at least, I'll have Élodie at the game tomorrow."

"Are you excited to see Papai play tomorrow?" Nadine asked.

"Oui!" Élodie nodded and ran back over to him.

"Obrigado. Eu te amo, minha princess," Neymar kissed her forehead.