heart in flames

The elf next to me introduces himself as Ëfrom, we talk for almost the rest of the time. Well, he talks mostly. The elf who talked bad about my lord, is Katardor. Ëfrom is concerned about the fact, that I made him my enemy. It worries me a bit too because this time there is no Arvin around but I'm glad I stood up for my Lord. I have no Idea if he really is a weakling, I don't know him that well? I can only go with what Greogreë has told me about him, according to that, he has been involved in battles and is more like a hero.
Ëfrom has stopped talking for the time being, so I think about my Lord physique. After taking of his top garment, he was wearing but a thin white tunic and I could see his well defined muscles under. The thought of that makes me feel unusually hot. He is NO weakling!

Finally the moment comes when the nobles have finished their dinner. A servant comes in to inform us that our masters will be expecting us in a few moments. So we all get up and line up next to the dinning hall entrance. There are maybe eight of us but only two of us are permanent. Gil-Galads personal assistant and I. The others are either passing through or stay at court for a certain amount of time. So Katador will leave eventually. It would be interesting to see his Lord actually. I imagine him to be tall and bulky, maybe with a big scare in his face, dark hair and a sour face. But Lord Elrond is one of the first to leave the dinning hall and I don't get to see Katador's Lord this time. I fall in with my Lord, as he walks past me, copying the other personal assistance who left before us.

"I trust you had a good dinner?" I ask him. Maybe I should have waited for him to start the conversation but it doesn't seem to bother him.

"It was pleasant enough," he informs me and as soon as there are not so many elves around us anymore, he tells me a little story that they talked about at the table. He makes it sound so funny that I have to laugh. Afterwards, I'm worried that this might have offended him.

"I'm sorry my Lord, I've never been a personal assistant before, I fear that I still need to learn how to behave properly, excuse me for laughing." Tonight I will have to read my handbook, so I know the proper etiquette!

He grins at me and says: " No Finjor, it is actually very refreshing and makes me feel at ease."

I marvel at

At home, we didn't have personal assistance, although my family are nobles too. Our father never liked having many elves around, only the necessary really. So Finjor and I grew up without it. I'm glad though, I think it very intrusive to have someone be around like that so much. If things had been different and there would have been a personal assistant, I would probably be used to it mind? It must be terrible if you don't agree with the one elf that is so close and so present in your life! I wonder, what was Lord Elrond's last personal assistant like, why didn't they get on?

Now, I get to see my room or rooms! It is very beautiful. I too have big Windows and the room is very light. Since our lodgings are on the third story we don't need to worry about people looking in. At night time I will have to draw the elaborate curtains closed though.

There is a small bathroom attached to the main room. I even got my own bath. It's definitely going to be much easier to keep my hidden Identity a secret this way.

"If you need anything else, you just speak to Jackowaen of Gardenia, he is the one in charge of things like furniture or towels or whatever else you might need." Lord Elrond seems to enjoy my enjoyment.

Than he explains to me that he's going to spent some time in solitude now and than he will have his bath. His bath!!!! Is he going to get undressed in front of me?
I suppose some solitude is going to do me good too. I think I might need to calm down and reflect on what is happening! Something is happening that's for sure and it has to do with Lord Elrond. I am attracted to him and that could potentially cause issues.

I have roughly two hours. For the first part I go into my new room and sit on the bed. Just sitting there, I review the events of the day. I go through all the little moments with Lord Elrond. I do believe he likes me too but certainly not in a romantic way. He thinks I'm a male! Unless of course he likes male?

After a while I get up and make my way to the male-quarters, to fetch my things and to catch up with my friends. Maybe something familiar will be good. Although everything here is really still quite new. Later, when I'm alone and I'm done with my duties I will write to Finjor. I'm not sure if I can write him the truth though because, what if anybody reads the outgoing letters? One would hope that this isn't the case but I can not be for sure.

It's good to see Greogreë and the others again. They want to know everything, the diversion is welcome.
I tell them that Lord Elrond is very kind and patient with me. In that moment 'the Nasties' come past.

"Oh look, the 'pansy' is here, your a maid now aren't you?" Says their leader sneering at me.

Arvin who had been sitting on his bed listening to my tale, gets up and just growls dangerously. The Nasties retreat.

I smile at Arvin: "Thank you Arvin!"
And for the first time he answers: "Your welcome!" He grins and than he actually starts laughing, it's very catchy, so we all laugh fir quite a while.

Eventually I have to leave. I'll promise them to come as often as I can. Than I run back because I 'm quite late. As I do so, I realise that now the time has arrived when I need to help Lord Elrond with his bath. I wonder what that means?

I read in my handbook that I need to prepare the bath. So I make sure the water is just right, I add some pine and rosemary essential oils and lots of bubbles, that way his body is hidden in the bath. I get out a few towels and put on all of the candles standing around. Than I go to get him.
He is getting undressed in front of me. I hold out my arm to collect his clothes, I hold it so high, I just see his head and some of his upper body. I'm glad it's kind of dark in the room because I'm sure I'm blushing.

To make things a little less embarrassing I ask him if he would like to hear a funny little story. He is glad to listen. So I tell him about Arvin growling at 'the Nasties'. In the meantime he gets into the bath. Once he is the water, with all the bubbles, I can look at him again.

Than he says: "That is indeed amusing," he says, "that Alvin sounds like a good friend." Than he adds, "if you ever have problems with elves like that, please inform me, so I can take measurements."

Our eyes meet and for a moment I'm lost in them.