dark magic

Upon hearing of our marriage, Gil-Galad had been correct; few strong voices condemned us as soon as they heard. So going to Rivendell was a good Idea. I've heard good things about the place and the fact that my dear brother might be near by, is going to be even more wonderful. I'm so exited to see him again, it's been nearly a year! I miss him so much and I can't wait to exchange stories. I'm also burning to introduce Elrond to him, I'm sure they will get on well..

It takes a while to prepare but eventually we're on our way to Rivendell, our new home. Ophiliana has made the decision to stay with us and Arvin and Natoriel are part of our personal guard now. Arvin was an obvious choice and Natoriel is actually a really good fighter as well. While he isn't very bright, he fights instinctively using the skills he has learned since a very young age. Greogreë unfortunately is suffering from a internal injury he received during the battle. This is causing him to be blind. The healers are not sure whether it will be permanent or not. He has gone back to his families estate for now. It's very strange that he's not around but Natoriel and Arvin are. He was always their leader. I know Elrond asked them to look out for me especially. I'm happy to have my friends along but I'm sure going to miss Dimitra and I suppose the high king, Gil-Galad as well.

It will be exiting to have our own space. It's a little intimidating because  Rivendell isn't a small cosy home just for Elrond and I, it's a big estate and we are responsible for looking after it. We'll also have to entertain but it would have been my duty eventually anyways.

It's a glorious autuum afternoon, the sun is already on its way down and the nature around us looks magical in her warm light. I've strayed off a little, enjoying a moment of solitude.

Suddenly there is a strange cloud coming towards us, its speed is ginormous. There is something very wrong with that cloud. I have a necklace  it is shaped like a cross and it's supposed to ward off evil forces. Just for in case I take it out and I pray for protection. Than, as fast as I can I ride towards Elrond but the cloud engulfs him before I get there. I can see him sinking to the ground, as are the guards. Shortly after the cloud has reached me too. The air around me is as if electrified and I can't see anything but other than that, I don't seem to be affected.

Dark magic is tangible, all my senses are alert. I have reached the first guards now, they are unconscious and lying on the ground. I make my way forward, looking for Elrond. Just before I get to him, he starts changing. By the time I reach him, he has turned into an elleth. He/she looks like a female version of him. The guards are changing too and soon there are only elleths around me. All but one. The young male elf lying near resembles Ophiliana. I stare at them all. I must be dreaming! Definitely  a nightmare! Elrond, or his female version stirrs a little.

"Elrond," I ask him, "are you well." He wakes up and looks at me.

"Where am I," he asks me.

I help him up. He looks around, the cloud is still there but the guards, well, the elleths are all waking up now.

"I don't feel so well," Elrond states.

"Elrond?" At this point I'm not sure if he can think straight.

"My lady what happened here, I don't seem to remember?" Elrond turns towards me. "As a matter of fact, I don't seem to remember who I am?" The female Elrond looks distressed.

"You are Elrond Peredhel. My husband..?!" It seems ridiculous to say that, he is obviously an elleth now. And sure enough, he is confused about that.

"My lady, you too seem to be confused." He studies me for a moment, his eyes are somehow Elrond's eyes and I still feel the connection but he just seems confused. "There must have been an accident an explosion perhaps?"  He moves away, there was no actual recognition but I seem to touch him somehow. He throws me another puzzled look, than he starts talking to one of the other elleths.

My whole being is rejecting this event, it can't be!

I basically just watch. There is a very strong build female Alvin, a very beautiful female Natoriel and a few other elleths, all of them are confused and seem to have no idea of what happened or who they are.

At that moment I realise the cloud is slowly dissolving and there are about a dozen dark figures approaching. I have no incling on whether the elleths still know how to fight.. Ophiliana? Also the elleths are dressed in female clothes now and I see no swords.

The dark figures approaching are all male elves. I don't think, I just act. I come to stand in front of She-Elrond,  my hand on my sword hilt. A middle aged elf comes towards us, he is very handsome in a mysterious sort of way.

He comes to stand in front of me. "I mean no harm," he says showing the palms of his hands, "may I approach your lady?"

"No, what you need to say you can discuss with me!" Who knows who he is! It is actually very likely that he is the one who has initiated the dark magic, for whatever reason. In which case he probably doesn't have good intentions whatsoever!

She-Elrond steps in front of me, "Thank you..." he pauses, obviously he doesn't remember my name.

"Finja," I say, I am in despair!

"Thank you Finja, for wanting to protect me. Let's hear what this Elf has to say, than we will make a decision on how we respond." I think he finds the dark and mysterious looking elf intriguing, he is unfortunately very handsome. It can not be! But, right now, what can I do but watch?

The male elf wants to know if everyone is alright, he says he heard an explosion and saw this big cloud of dust.. all lies! There was no explosion and the cloud hadn't been of dust! I decide not to confront him about that right now though, maybe it's better If he doesn't know that I have been conscious the entire time.

The other male elves have started conversations with the other elleths and they all seem very friendly and willing to help.

The dark and mysterious elf, introduces himself as Moljirnov of Helford, he says his estate isn't far of and it would be his pleasure to host us. We would be able to rest a bit. I can't believe how brazen he is, of course he would like to invite a group of elleths to his estate!

She-Elrond, obviously not remembering his name, makes up a name for himself; 'Elionora'... maybe he was too ashamed to admit that he didn't remember his name? And than he actually agrees on taking Moljirnov up on his offer!

Moljirnov turns towards me: "Might you kindly inform the other elleths that they're all very welcome to stay at my estate? I can see that you're concerned about the wellbeing of your mistress, but I assure you, you shall all be treated with respect and kindness." But all I can see in his eyes is malice.

She-Elrond nods at me, "Take heart," he tries to encourage me. Oh Elrond, how will we conquer this obstacle? I try to get to his heart by looking deep into his eyes and my look obviously confuses him but than he looks away. "Please inform the others." He asks me.

So I go around and inform all the other elleths. None of them seems to recognise me, not Alvin, not Natoriel.. this is indeed a nightmare!

I go over to my horse, he still remembers me. There is a male elf nearby, he nods at me. Suddenly Moljirnov is by his side.

"Get rid of that elleth when nobody is watching," he hisses, pointing at me.