Rivendell

The next day Elrond went for a walk with Durin and he was completely honest with him, even about the wedding. Durin took it well, thankfully, he appreciated the honesty. Apparently he had a good chuckle about Elrond being a female for a while.
He has offered to accompany us on our way to Rivendell, him and a whole bunch off guards, which will ensure a safer passage. Should Moljirnov be waiting for us somewhere on the road, he would not be expecting a whole lot of armed dwarfs by our side, ready to protect us.

I 'm glad Elrond was honest about the wedding as well, because Durin might have otherwise found out via a different route and that would have been even more hurtful.

So almost a week later, we are leaving for Rivendell. It's very sad to say good-bye to Disa and Durins children but they promise us to visit, once we have settled down.

Traveling with the dwarfs is quite a different way of journeying. They don't seem to mind that they can be heard from miles away and tevery day they feast. They can eat and eat and eat and while they eat they jest and laugh. Never a dull moment really. I enjoy their company, but at some stage they would probably exhaust me.

At some stage, Durin comes and rides next to me: "I'm glad Elrond has found his significant other, he means a lot to me. Don't tell him that mind, otherwise he might get all big headed about it."

I smile at him: "He is already quite big headed."

"Ey," he laughs, "full of mighty highness." We have a good laugh.
Everything seems so light right now.

The weather on the contrary has turned frosty and the night settles in at around 5 in the noon aleeady. I'm very grateful for the big fires the dwarves make, they keep us warm for most of the night. In the morning I still feel all frozen and have to do a few jumping Jack's to get warmed up again.

I've been to Rivendell once before, but I was very young than, so my memory is rather foggy. I can't wait to see it, apparently it's beautiful!
The sun is beginning to set, when we finally get to see it. The warm late autuum sun is covering the whole scene, which makes it seem like some parts of it are pure gold, even some of the waterfalls.

I have to stop and marvel at it for a while. It seems unreal that this should be our new home!

The servants have lined up to welcome us. On the one side the male and on the other the female. They do not question us about our whereabouts in the last couple of weeks or why we seem to travel with so many maids but heartily and guards? Well, elf guards that is, instead, there are many dwarf guards. It isn't proper for them to question us, they have to simply adapt and provide their service. They probably wonder though, it's been weeks. I know what it's like because of my own servant time back at the court. I have to say, I'm glad about the experience but I suppose being the lady of Rivendell succeeds.

Rivendell is as beautiful inside as it is outside, with a great deal of rooms, halls and passages. Elrond and I have semi separate lodgings, overlooking the valley. Being of noble blood has it's benefits but also its duties and one of them is, that we share our home with a multitude of servants and with regular guests, guests that can at times stay for many days. We dine with them and share some of our time. At the moment, since we are new here, there are no guests yet. Except for Durin and his guards of course. Elrond has given orders that they are to be treated with the uttermost respect. Sometimes elves can treat dwarfs as a lower classed creation but it would be very disapointing if they did, especially because we were treated like royalty back in Moria.

Our main bedroom has a grant balcony that overlooks the river and some of ghe majestic waterfalls. It is dark now, so one can't see much but I can certainly hear the water. It will be very soothing during the night I'm sure.

There is not much time to take in all that is to behold though. We'll have to make our first grant appearance. Our first dinner as Lord and Lady of Rivendell.

I have my very own fitting room, with an abundance of fancy dresses, Jewellery, shoes and various other things. I feel like a princess with all this finery. My father always believed in keeping things simple, so despite the fact that I've been born into nobility, my atire has always been rather plain. I am very grateful that Ophiliana will further be my main lady in waiting. Her familiarity feels comforting because although I'm exited and most delighted, I also feel overwhelmed and challenged.

I choose to wear a dark blue dress. It has wispy blue trimmings with small diamonds fitted into the lace, it reminds me of stars and matches the actual nightsky. There is matching jewellery, which includes a tiara and shoes. Ophiliana works her magic with my hair and after all is in place, I do look like a grant lady. I wonder what Elrond will think.

He sure is taken by my avant-garde but he himself looks so grant that it takes my breath away. How can he be mine, I wonder yet again.

He bows before me. "Mylady," he says, " may I have the honour and with that he offers me his arm.

"Most certainly," I smile at him broadly. We enter most kingly into the dinning hall.

"Goddness gracious, what took you so long," Durins voice booms through the majestic dinninghall. "My tummy is rumbling." He brings everything down to earth once again.

For a moment I sway between irritation and amusement but decide to go for the amusement. The table is filled with delicious looking cuisine and I realise my 'tummy' is rumbling too.
After that we have a wonderful evening, full of joy and wholesomeness.

Later, Elrond begs to be present while I take of my finery. So I send out Alltwen new servants and only Ophiliana helps me. Elrond watches facinated.

" I never realised how complicated it must be to put on all... well all the bits and pieces." He stats. Ophiliana is busy undoing my corset. I beg her to stop and bit her a good night. I want Elrond to carry on. Its about time I'm alone with him. I love him undoing the rest of my corset. He does this with such great care. Afterwards he puts his arms around me. We're both looking into the mirror.

"What's do you see?" He asks me, smiling.

I think for a moment.

"I see two wonderful elves in love."

"True, "he said, " and the Lord and Lady of Rivendell."

"True, the lady, however is only dressed in her undergarments whilst the Lord is definitely wearing way to much clothes still."

He laughs: "We should certainly change that!"

I help him out of his fancy atire, like I have done so often.

Shortly after we inaugurat the grand bed.

The following day we wake up to the most glorious sight. We left the curtains open and from our bed we can actually see parts of the valley. Hastily I get up and run onto the balcony, covering my still bare body on the way.

"Come Elrond, come, you have to see this!"

A moment later he is by my side. The view is breathtaking. He hugs me from behind resting his head onto my shoulder.

"Good morning Mylady," he says still a little sleepy. He marvels at the view, than he states. "Our home."

I turn to look at him: "Isn't it amazing."

"Yes," he says smiling.

Moljirnow never showed, he might have given up but than again, he doesn't strike me as the type that will give up that easily. We are at Rivendell now though, I feel that we are safe here.