trial

Three days I waited for Elrond. The family was staying with, was very nice, I loved the children the most. I've played with them many games that I used to play with Finjor when we were small. We created a whole lot of phantasies worlds.

I've told the couple my story and since I didn't have any female clothes, the farmer's wife let me wear some of hers. She also helped me brush and style my hair.

When Elrond returns, he has good and bad news. The high king is in our favour, he understands the dilemma and is willing to reinstate me as Finja of Katlëen. But, he says that there will have to be a public hearing. He also says I should come dressed as a lady according to my birth right because it will make more of an impression this way.

Elrond is calm, in his opinion, what the other elves think doesn't really matter, in the end the high king will announce that Finjor is now Finja and that's it.

I'm a little nervous though, there will be some there, that are going to be really upset, those that will take the scandal and gorge on it. There are always some, bitter folks, disappointed with life. 

Elrond and I return to the palace in the evening. It is dark and there are only two guards at the gate. I'm dressed as a peasant girl because Elrond doesn't want me to go back to being Finjor. The guards may think that Elrond has brought himself an elleth along to have some fun. They don't recognise me which might be because they don't expect anything like this. It isn't unusual for elves of nobility to bring an elleth along for fun, only that Elrond doesn't  do that normally.

We go straight to Elrond's lodgings. It's strange to be back here but this time as Finja. There are a few things lying about, as Finjor it was always my duty to clean things away, so immediately I want to start cleaning up.

But Elrond has other plans. "I've always wanted you to join me for a bath at least as soon as I made peace with the fact that I love you. You know what, the fact that you were watching me in the bath aroused me sometimes."

I think I'm blushing. "Watching, had the same effect on me."

"Will you come and have a bath with me than?" He asks grinning.

"It might be difficult to keep our beasts at bay," I say half heartedly.

"You might be right, we'll just have to be careful."

I let in the water as I've always done but this time we both go in. The water is wonderful. Elrond explained to me that he has organised some clothes for me, including a really grand dress for the hearing. He says the grander I look, the better.

"Come closer," he  kind of demands.

I wade over. Gently he takes me into his arms. My body is all tingly as skin touches skin. It is  already too much our fires are lit straightaway. Elrond retreats, his arousal showing.
He strokes my face and my neck and even still my bosoms.

"You're skin is so soft," His voice is husky." We had better get married soon because it feels like my desire is driving me insane" 

He gets up and out of the water. "Sorry, I have to get out now and calm down somehow."  He says, looking flustered. I look away, so he wouldn't be embarrassed about his arousal. He retreats to his room:

"I love you Fjnja." He says before he disappears.

"I love you too, Elrond!"

I stay in the bath, which is really more like a small pool a little longer, I remember the softness of his body and the feeling of his hands on my own skin. A while later, I get out and go to my own room. My room has two doors actually, one to Elrond's salon and one to the bathroom. This is specifically designed, this way I, well the personal assistant can access both areas.

I get dressed in one of the nightgowns Elrond organised for me. Whilst I brush out my hair, Elrond knocks on my door.

"Will you come and sleep by my side, or do you prefer to sleep in your own room?" This is a good question, out there in the wild we always slept next to each other, now?

"I think I would like to sleep next to you, like we have done outdoors." I suggest.

"I'm glad, I was worried that you might decline because as soon as I'm close to you, I desire you." He seems to be a little distressed and embarrassed about that.

"No, why would you think that? I too desire you as soon as I come near you." It is true and sleeping together in one bed is probably a big challenge! But I just can't imagine myself sleeping alone.

To keep the intimacy to a limit we only hold hands once we went to bed.

The next day is my hearing. I'm super nervous.

Elrond has found me a maid, one that is new to the court and doesn't know about my affairs. Her name is Ophiliana. She is brand new, very exited and very chatty. Since she has five brothers and sisters and she is the oldest elleth of her siblings, she is used to looking after others. She helps me getting dressed for the trial. The dress us indeed very beautiful and impressive. Ophiliana is very skilled, she even adds a touch of make up. Afterwards she has me look into the mirror. I can't believe the elleth I'm seeing in the mirror is I. So beautiful, so sophisticated. I thank Ophiliana for her amazing transformation. 

"Oh but Lady Finja, I only added a little make up and changed the hair a bit, you are naturally beautiful!" I smile at her. 

I wait in front of that hall in which the hearing is happening. The high king has explained the situation already and opened up the discussion. When it is my time to enter, everybody goes quiet. I hate the attention but although I'm intimidated beyond comfort, I walk towards the front with dignity and poise. I did what I did for my beloved brother and I would do it again! I step in front of the high King and bow. 

"Rise Finja of Katleen, " he says. I look up, he is smiling at me. It encourages me, Elrond was right, as long as the high King is in our favour, nothing else matters. It's really just a formality. Elrond is sitting next to the high King. I look at him. He nods and smiles, more encouragement.. 

An official announces my so called crime; basically I am an imposter and I have deceived the court into thinking that I'm a male. Than I get to say why I have done what I did and than comes a part were anybody can say something. Some suggest I get band from the court, somebody suggest that I should be thrown into the dungeon, somebody suggests I should be scourged, somebody suggests I should be tied to the Pillar of shame for a while and so on... I hope that none of these suggestions are actually being taken serious. Elves, some are really sick! 

Eventually there is a part, were Elrond gets to say how he feels about the situation. After all, I'm his personal assistant and he was the one spending most of the time with me. 

He explains to the crowed that he has always been very satisfied with my work and has always felt safe around me. He visualizes how I have literally saved his life on the battlefield and since I have deceived out of love for my brother, he finds no reason to punish me. 

In the end it is the high kings decision that counts. 

He informs the crowd, that he sees no reason to punish me either. He isn't pleased with the fact that I deceived the court but he too points out how victorious I have fought in the battle. He also announces, that it is up to Elrond to decide what will happen to me, since I am his personal assistant.

After that, it's over. I'm free to be me.