28 - Extended Family

Valeria

My head rested on Lorenzo's chest as I hear his soft snores.

My mind drifts to my father. Oh, how much I miss him. He was everything to me and I was ready to sacrifice everything for him. He was gone too soon and I still can't comprehend what the hell happened. I am also still in shock that I have killed my mother. I became a killer, my mother's killer. But weirdly, I don't regret it. It was wrong, yes, but I could not let it go. I know it is not an excuse just because she was awful to me, but it is what I knew to do then. Would I do it again? No. I wouldn't kill someone, ever. It is wrong and I am never doing it again.

Maybe the only thing that I regret is committing this crime, but I don't regret doing it to her, you know?

"You okay, my love?" Lorenzo's voice startles me. I was so in my element that I didn't notice him waking up.

"Just thinking about my dad," I murmur, my head still on his bare chest.

He is so comfy.

"Are you okay?" he asks, playing with my hair.

"I don't know...I miss him so much," I reply.

"I will always be there for you, mi amor, and I am sure your father is looking out for you. He will always be here," he replies, placing his left hand on my heart.

"I love you," I say, kissing his cheek.

"Yo tambien." (Me too).

"Are you ready to meet the rest of the family today?" he asks, changing the subject.

"Yes, I am so excited. I hope they are good as yours, though," I reply.

"Don't worry, they are. Besides, I will stay beside you the whole night."

"Good because I miss you," I say, earning an amused look.

"You know...if I leave for a few minutes, you get crazy," he teases.

"I know and it is frustrating, trust me. I am just...attached I guess."

"It is okay, my love. I am attached too and I always miss you."

I smile shyly and draw circles on his hairless chest.

"Lorenzo..."

"Si, mi amor?"

"Can I have a kiss?" I ask as I look up at him.

He smirks and nods. "Of course." He leans in and kisses my forehead. My heart fills with love.

I smile at him and place a kiss on his chest.

"Let's get up or else my father will have our heads."

"You are right," I reply, getting up.

We both shower and get ready. His cousins are coming in two hours, so we have to be ready before then.

I wear a pink flowery sleeveless dress while Lorenzo wears a simple white shirt and black jeans.

I pair my dress with white heels.

I put a little bit of makeup and leave my hair down in waves. I spray perfume, Elizabeth Arden Fifth Avenue, and look at myself in the mirror.

"You smell heavenly," Lorenzo comments.

"So do you. Men's perfume is always the best," I reply.

"Seriously? You think that?"

"Darling, all girls think that. Also, they stay longer," I explain.

"My ego just increased," he says with a grin.