21 - Valeria is so Jealous

Valeria

I stayed in the kitchen. I knew that if I had to go back to the dining room, I would start crying. The worst part was that no one said anything about me leaving and not eating with them. I know I am just a maid, but after how many times they insisted on me eating with them in the morning, I thought they'd care.

I sit on the stool and look at the wall in front of me, letting out a huff. I sit here for about thirty minutes when I am called to the dining room to get the dishes.

I walk to the dining room with a scowl on my face. I try my best not to show anyone that I am angry, but I couldn't help it. Just thinking about how she kissed him and how he kissed me makes me feel like a fool.

Obviously, he is taken, but why would he do that? Why would he lie to me and cheat on this girl? It is obvious that he knows her from before and in a relationship with her, or else, why would he let her kiss him?

I reach the dining area and I find it empty. They must have went to the living room.

I take all the dishes to the kitchen, of course, going back and forth. I wish I have someone to work with me, not because I find the work too much, but because I want someone to enjoy my time with in the kitchen. I don't mind if it's an old woman, or someone my age, or even a guy.

I start washing the dishes and putting all the food in containers, so the drivers would distribute them to the shelters and people in need. Mrs. Gonzalez is very strict on not throwing food, not that I would ever throw food.

I don't even have the appetite to eat anything.

I take the containers and walk outside the villa through the kitchen door, and make my way to the drivers. I give each a few and tell them what to do.

I then go back inside and walk to the living room to ask them if they needed anything. I could hear chatter coming from there and a few people laughing.

"Mrs. Gonzalez, do you need anything?" I ask politely, making everyone stop what they are doing and listen to the conversation.

I don't look at anyone, especially Lorenzo. I refuse to acknowledge what's happening and appear nonchalant.

"Yes, Val—"

"Get me a glass of fresh orange juice," Claudio interrupts Valentina.

I look at her, dumbfounded. The worst part is that no one tells her anything.

"Of course," I reply with a fake smile.

I look again at Valentina and wait for her to tell me what she wanted to say before she was interrupted.

"Yes, Valeria, as I was saying, please make coffee for everyone."

I nod with a genuine smile and mumble an 'okay.'

I go back to the kitchen and start with the orange juice. Thank god, we have fresh orange juice that we bought from the supermarket. I pour in the glass and put it on the tray. I then make the Turkish black coffee that everyone here loves, and pour it in the smaller coffee cups. I pick up the tray and walk back to the living room.

I give the fresh orange juice to Claudia and the coffee to everyone else. When I finish, I turn to go back to the kitchen when Claudia's voice stops me.

"Hey, maid! This is not fresh orange juice!" she yells in front of everyone.

I clench my jaw and turn around to face her. "It is, ma'am." My reply makes her scowl.

"I said, it is not. I want squeezed fresh orange juice."

It's the same, you moron. This is squeezed but from the market. I made sure to bring the ones without added sugars or anything.