Deserved Rest (Fluff)

Requested by: Eclipsesart

Ink sighed in relief, swiping his brush and watching the paint bubble and pop reforming the missing wall of the Librarbry. He'd been repairing an au that had became unstable and almost collapsed. Thankfully though he'd gotten there in time to evacuate all the monsters and went to work fixing the au. As many may expect fixing an entire au takes a long time, and Ink just wanted to go home to Error and the kids. Lucky for him though he was finally done, and was ready to bring the au's inhabitance back.  

Hastily Ink swiped his brush and watched as the paint gradually formed a black inky portal. After seeing no one walk through he guessed the au's residence weren't too keen on coming through on their own, which made sence; this au wasn't aware of the multiverse, not even the Sans or Papyrus. He grumbled annoyed. He just wanted to go home to his family. 

Huffing a sigh he walked to the portal. As he exited the portal he was greeted to several bone attacks whizzing toward him. He quickly made his body melt and turn into liquid Ink to avoid the attack and turned back a few feet from where he last was, and found that all the monsters had their attacks and/or weapons drawn. After realizing the monsters wouldn't attack him until he showed any hostility, and that the attacks or weapons were more or less there to intimidate him, he finally spoke.

"The Underground is now fixed. You can now go back." Ink said calmly.

"Who the heck are you punk! Where are we? What was happening to the Underground, everything was falling apart!" The Undyne snapped while pointing at him accusingly. Ink stood slightly straighter at the tone of her voice.

"Right. I kind of just shoved you all into a portal didn't I?" He muttered, he'd forgotten that small detail. He shoved them in because the au was on the verge of destruction and they didn't know about the other au's; he really didn't have the time to explain to them what was happening or where he was taking them. 

"Sorry, the Underground was collapsing and I didn't have time to explain everything to you all." Ink sighed guiltily, while intentionally keeping the existence of  the au's out of his explanation. "Although it is now fixed and you may go home now." Ink grinned trying to redirect the conversation.

"You didn't answer her questions." The Asgore said calmly. He didn't want the situation to escalate. The unknow skeleton seemed powerful, and their powerful aura was enough to conform his suspicion, so he de-summoned his trident hoping others would follow his example -and thankfully some did-.

"I'm Ink, and you are at the antivoid, and as I said the underground was falling apart because it was unstable, but everything is now fixed you can now go home. Any other questions?" Ink finished firmly his eyelights turning to a green swirl, and a red crosshair showing his annoyance. 

"Why do you look like me?" The Sans questioned coldly. Although Ink didn't pay it any mind.

"Great. That dreaded question." Ink sighed. "I'm afraid Sans to answer that question I'd have to talk to you alone."

"What you say to me can be shared with everyone else." He challenged.

"Well I really can't, as that would put you and many others into harms way." Ink said gesturing to the other monsters silently with his eyelights which were back to their normal yellow star, and baby blue circle. The Sans, alarmed by this reluctantly walked towards Ink.

"If there are no more questions, then enter the portal I will be talking with Sans." Ink said gesturing to the portal. After all the monsters had left through the portal Ink turned to the Sans and explained to him about the au's, and gave the Sans his number incase something like this happened again.

Ink sighed gladly as the Sans entered the portal back to his au and made one to his doodle sphere to finally see his family. When he got there the doodle sphere's light had dimmed which meant that it was the equivalent of night right now.

"Great I'm so late." Ink sighed sadly, and opened the door to the house that sat atop a floating island in the ocean of paper. 

He walked quietly to the living room to find Error awake on the couch and sighed for the millionth time that day but this time, contently, he approached the glitchy skeleton and sat next to him leaning on him while comfortable silence consumed them.

"Judging by the time you got home, I assume you fixed the au. Was it that badly damaged?" Error questioned petting Inks head softly.

"It was bad but not unrepairable. The au's monsters didn't know about the multiverse so it took longer than it should have." Ink said tiredly. "I'd rather not talk about this right now. Did you or the kids do anything fun today?"

"Well, you missed Gradients first summoned attack." Error replied wincing; knowing the reaction he'd get.

"I did? I really wanted to see his first attack! That's such a big moment in any monsters life!" Ink whimpered. He couldn't believe he'd missed it! He should've of been more persistent to get the monsters into their au, maybe then he wouldn't of missed such an important moment.

"I'm sorry Ink," Error said sadly, but the sadness quickly washed away as he remembered something. "but you might want to see this." Error said a grin tugging at his face.

"What?" Ink questioned sadly, but after glancing at Error and seeing his bright grinning face Ink was filled with hope. Hope for what? He didn't exactly know.

"I know it's not the same thing, but I got pictures." Error said grinning.

"You did! Show me! Show me!" Ink yelled bouncing up and down in uncontainable excitement.

"Here." Error said chuckling while handing his phone to Ink. Gradient was there in the picture grinning in pure joy with a small bone attack, with no sign of his usual shyness, Paperjam stood beside him with the same amount of joy. Ink smiled gleefully with Error at the picture, and the few others he'd taken. Error pulled Ink into a laying position beside him, with Ink's skull on his chest.

"I'm so happy you got some pictures Error, you're amazing." Ink chirped after they had seen all the pictures.

"No problem Inky, your just lucky that I had my phone on me at the time." Error said glad Ink was no longer upset.

Let me know of any spelling mistakes.

1082 words