Chapter 2: Hatred

April 12, 2021

Jules Pov :

I hopped out of the shower and quickly dried off the water left on my body with my warm, heated towel. Soon after I changed into my dress and brushed my hair. I exited my bathroom and started to walk to my vanity, I then took a seat and pulled out my makeup drawer. I took out my primer and applied it on with my fingers. I pulled out my foundation ready to put on. I started to smudge my foundation onto my face with my fingers with no care in the world. (think of Jennifer doing her makeup in Jennifer's Body.) I started to get lazy and just like clock work I started to do the rest of my makeup.

The one thing on my mind right now was my friends. What if when I walked up to them at the café all they would think about is how ugly I am or worse, they say it out loud. Just then my mind went straight to my old friends, the ones I had before filming The Black Phone. They were nothing like my new friends, in fact they were awful. Whenever they found a chance to make fun of my clothes or face, they would take it. Every time I would meet up with them or walked up to them in school, they would tell me how ugly I looked or make a comment about my appearance. They told me that they were only looking out for me and being honest. I never left them because I knew that I wouldn't be able to make new friends. They also knew that, that's why they were never nice to me.

On the day I was told about getting the role of Samantha brown, I told my 'friends'. They weren't happy for me or anything like that, they just yelled and said I was a bitch for leaving or even thinking about doing so. They told me that if I didn't say no to playing Samantha then they would leave me. So I made the right choice and decided to go. To be fair, they were really good at hiding their real self's, that or I am just really oblivious. My parents and older brother told me how awful they were and that they didn't like my 'friends'. I never believed them, I thought they were making it up just because they didn't like them. Now I see everything they saw, the rudeness, the selfishness, everything.

Just then I heard a yell from downstairs, "Jules come down for breakfast!" my mom yelled. I was confused, breakfast at 2? I shrugged it off and continued on curling my lashes. Once I was done I yelled back to my mom, "Almost done!". I finished applying my mascara and sprayed setting spray on. Not even a second later I started running downstairs.

As I made it down I looked for my mom and soon enough I spotted her and ran up to her. "hi" "hello Jules". I looked up at my mom and asked "You're making breakfast at 2?" "of course not! I made food 4 hours ago, We had extra saved for you.' my mom said with a smile. I smiled back and took the plate away from her hands and sat down on the kitchen table.

"Why are you Now eating?" I heard a familiar voice say. Emphasizing the word 'now'. It was my brother Ethan. "Because I'm hungry." I said with a snarky attitude. As soon as those words left my mouth, Ethan hit the back of my head with his hand. "Ow! What was that for?" "For being. rude." He said as he sat down next to me on the kitchen table. Before I got to reply back, my mom joined the conversation. "Stop fighting and eat your food." My mom said with a stern voice. "We aren't fighting, just having a conversation. Right Jules?" My brother said. He looked at my mom and back at me waiting for a response. He had that look in his eyes where if I said the wrong answer, he would kill me. So I replied with a yeah. My mom looked at me with a unsure look but continued on cleaning the kitchen from earlier.

'Ding'

"Is that from your boyyyfriend?" My brother said sounding like a child. Instead of responding to him I decided to ignore him. He's not worth my time anyway. "your not denyinggg" "shutup" At this point I was annoyed. I wanted to get up and finish getting ready to meet up with my friends. So I started eating faster. "Keep eating like that and you'll get fat." My brother said. "I see you speak from experience." I snapped back. Ethan looked at me with a -I can't believe you said that- face. I rolled my eyes and got up to put my dish in the sink. I rinsed my plate and put it in the dishwasher before going back up the stairs to my room.