Chapter 5: The Promise

April 12, 2021

Mason's POV:

"ok, everyone ready?" Sophie yelled, just loud enough for all of us to hear. All my friends including my new friends all said yes and started walking in the direction of the restaurant.

As we were walking Maddy stopped me. "Hey, I need you to do a favor for me." She Began. Usually when Maddy asked me for favors, my answer is always no. Just because her favors are weird. This time I could tell it mattered to her. And what ever matters to Maddy, Matters to me. "What is it?" I responded. "I need you to be nice to Jules, At least for now." She replied. What? Be nice to Her? No way! I understand It is always something she wanted to happen. Us being friends. But no matter how many times she asked it, I ALWAYS said no. Why should I be nice to her, If she's not nice to me. 

"Nuh uh! No!" I almost yelled but remembered my friends and Jules are just a few feet ahead of me. I don't care if Jules hears or not because she's not my friend. But I do care if my friends hear. "What why? C'mon It wouldn't kill you if you were a little nice to her." I wanted to roll my eyes, but remembered this is Maddy I'm talking to. Last time I rolled my eyes at her, she punched my really hard in my shoulder. I think I had a blue and purple mark there for at least a week. 

"It wouldn't kill her to my a little nice to me!" I complained. Why does everyone want me to be nice to her! She's never nice to me! But I have to be nice to her? Its not fair. 

"C'mon Mason. Please! She's going through a lot." Maddy begged. what stuff is she going through. is that why she looked horrible today. I wanted to laugh but I don't want to get punched again. "Only if you tell me what she's going through." I wanted to make fun of it to her. Or at least to myself. Plus what kind of things does she go through. It obviously isn't that big. A girl like Jules is a spoiled brat. She always gets her way in everything. She gets compliments everywhere she goes and everything she does. She is rich and famous. She gets whatever she wants all the time. The list could go on. 

"Bad things." Bad things? Oh come on. 'Bad things' my ass. Like I said It isn't that big. "What. Maddy I thought you really wanted this, for me to be her 'friend'. Just tell me the truth. You want us to become enemies to lovers, don't you? That's why your making things up so ill feel bad for. " I laughed. I mean how could I not. Maddy plays to much games. "I'm serious! She goes through a LOT. If I tell you, She'd Kill me!" Maddy had her usually serious look on. Just by that alone.. I knew she was telling the truth. "Also I do think you guys would be cute together though." Maddy smirked. Ew. I wanted to throw up so badly. Me and Jules. Never! Not in a million years. "Maddy grow up. Its never gonna happen." I said while waving my finger no in her face. She quickly slapped my finger down.

"Just tell me and I promise to Try and be nicer to her." It was a good deal. She would get what she wanted and I would get the BEST blackmail ever! "Okay fine" She sighed. 

"Her parents are getting a divorce in 3 months" What. That's not that bad. I was expecting something worse. Like her dog was dying or something. "Ok but lets be real. That's not that bad." "What! Mason That's only less then half of it. Stop interrupting!" "ok, ok. continue" 

"She thinks she's the reason for her mom and dads upcoming divorce. She says her parents have been fighting her whole life. But these passed couple of months its been getting worse." She took brief pauses in-between each sentences. Like she wanted to say more, but stopped her self from it. Wow. That is a lot of shit she's going through. But That isn't an excuse to be a bitch. I kinda do feel sorry for her though. It must suck to know your the reason your family falls apart. 

"wow.... Okay. I promise to be nice to her or try at least to. I'm sorry I didn't believe you at first." "Its ok. but I'm not the one you should apologize to. Its her." She pointed toward Jules. She was walking by her self behind everyone. "what no. I'm sorry her life sucks, but I'm not going to apologize for surviving." I sort of yelled. But thank god no one heard. "What? Surviving? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard." "Its true. With Jules, It like living in the jungle. You don't know when a beast with fangs while jump you and rip you to shreds." I told her. She just rolled her eyes in response. 

"Okay fine I'll apologize but not today! Not ever. " I groaned. I also mumbled the last part. What she doesn't know wont kill her. " 'Not ever' my ass. You WILL apologize to her. maybe not today but before Monday. That's 2 days dipshit." Shit she heard. "Language Madeleine Grace McGraw!" "whatever" She groaned. 

Before I knew it she ran up ahead with the other girls. 

Then it hit me. 

I promised Maddy that I would BE nice to Jules. Jules! Ugh. Why do I have to be such a gentleman. 

It killed me to even think of being nice to her. I guess when It came to Maddy, I had to do it. For her of course. Not because I want to. ME being willing nice to Jules would never happen. Never ever. 

--

Chanel speaks,

Ok this chapter is extremely short, but it had to be done because this was set earlier that day in chapter 4. Just before they started walking to the restaurant. I didn't want to drag it for longer then this, so yeah. 

Hope you enjoyed the picture I added.

New chapter comes out every Friday. :)

don't forget to vote and comment

1,055words