Chapter 3: The Beach Buddies

April 12, 2021

Narrator's Pov:

The Uber's car pulled up in the parking lot of the beach. Once everyone hopped out of the car, Jules and brady said thank you to the driver. They watch as the man pulled out of the lot and back on the road. The beach was stunning. The ocean was calm, but there still was waves. The sand looked like a painting, so detailed. The children running and laughing on the sand and playing in the water. Jules smiled. The thought of her and her brother playing at the beach when they were 10 and 12 crossed her mind. That was the last time her and her brother ever hung out, just one on one.

"What's first?" Miguel asked. Everyone looked at one other, unsure of what to do. Miguel looked at Jules, waiting for an answer. "Huh?" Jules looked confused as to why Miguel, along with everyone else was looking at her. "I asked what's first." "oh um I don't know, maybe we set up our things?" "Why didn't I think of thatt!?" Zack groaned, annoyed at himself. Everyone all shared a laugh at Zack's stupidity. "We all have our dumb moments" Tristan said patting Zack's back. Zack then proceeded to slap Tristan in the back of the head. "oww" "yeah well you didn't think of that yourself shithead." They both started laughing, which made everyone else start laughing. Jules smiled to herself thinking how great it was that her friends were getting along, well sorta getting along.

--

"Ok this seems like a great place to put all of our stuff." Sophie said. Everyone started grabbing their towels and laying it on the sand. Then they all dumped their stuff on the towels, and then organizing their area, except for mason. He was too lazy to organize his area like everyone else did. Jules saw mason doing this and decided to say something. "you're so sloppy and careless" Jules complained, almost sounding mad. She didn't mean for it to come out that way, it just did. Mason looked at Jules and had an annoyed face. "and you're a snob" Everyone in the big group almost gasped but didn't. they tried to hold it in instead. Jules rolled her eyes. All of a sudden it looked like her eyes lit up. A bright idea came to her.

She grabbed a big chunk of sand and threw it at mason.

That's when everyone couldn't hold it in anymore, they all gasped. Even mason. He had this look in is eyes that could kill. "Bitch" was all that came out. He then started throwing sand at her. And she did the same.

Every one couldn't believe it, they couldn't believe what they were witnessing. Jules was now on top of mason and shoving sand in his mouth. she was even smiling. She never smiles at mason, but I guess shoving sand in mason's mouth brings her joy. "GO JULES! YEAH!!" Sophie cheered. Everyone looked at her, some had a confused look, and others had a smile. More specifically Miguel had a smile. "What" Sophie questioned. "you just look happy to see Jules and mason fighting" "No I look happy to see Jules winning" She said with the biggest smile Miguel has ever seen. This made him smile too.

Mason was covered in sand and spitting the sand out of his mouth. "OK, OK. ILL STOP THROWING SAND AT YOU" "That's what I thought" Jules responded back. Everyone sighed in relief that they stopped, except Sophie. "man I wish it didn't stop" "its ok I'm sure they'll fight again later today" Miguel said with a smirk. Sophie was now laughing. "what" "you should turn around." "huh" he said while turning around. Then his eyes widened.

Jules was on masons back, while mason was trying so hard to get her off. He was swinging around and trying to loosen her hands of of his neck/caller. "GET OFF OF ME" "NEVERRR". "When I said later I didn't mean two seconds later" Everyone else was laughing their asses off except for Alyvia. "should we like help mason orr" Alyvia was trailing off of her words. Still starring at the two. "No they'll stop eventually.... I hope." Tristan shared.  Alyvia just nodded while still starring at mason and Jules. "SOMEONE GET HER OFF OF ME!" "OH I SHIPPPP" Maddy giggled, so loud they could hear. "EW!" Mason and Jules said in sync.