Chapter 4: A Promise?

April 12, 2021

Mason's POV:

We were walking in the direction toward the restaurant. I think the name was Miramar or something. I didn't really pay attention to what Sophie was saying when she was explaining the restaurant. I could only think about the boys. like why were they so mad when I called Jules a bitch? or when I called her ugly. Its not like she doesn't call me names. She says shit about me too and no one cares, but when I say something I get punched in the face. Which by the way still hurts, but know one cared. All they did was laugh. 

I wasn't even hungry, yet I'm still here, walking with them. Its not like I don't want to hangout with my friends, I'm just tired. You know, getting a hard punch to face does that to someone. 

Everyone was talking to one other, I could hear laughs and whispering from everyone up front. I was tailing them from behind. I usually walk with Miguel but he's talking and giggling with Sophie. I never heard Miguel giggle before, only laughs or chuckles. I never knew a man could giggle like a girl before, but here we are. Jules stupid friends are taking over my friends. 

I mean their not stupid, I actually like them. Its just why did they have to take my friends. Sophie took Miguel, my best friend. Teo and Zack took Jacob, Tristan, and Brady. and worst of all the girls took Maddy. They also took Becca.

While I was looking at my friends and Jules friends, I noticed that Jules wasn't talking to anyone. She was also walking alone and tailing them too, she was looking at the ground while she walked. She deserves to be left out. Like I said she's a bitch. And because she's alone, I hope- screw that, I pray that she doesn't sit next to me. I can't handle her screeching voice in my hear. She doesn't talk to me unless she's forced to, which I don't mind. But her voice is like a hammer banging on my head a million times. Its that annoying to hear.

We were a couple minutes away from Miramar, which is weird since we've been walking for 8 minutes almost 10. I thought it was only a 5 minute walk? That's what Sophie said. No one seems to notice since their all busy with each other and no one said anything. I guess Sophie forgot how far it was. 

All of a sudden I felt dizzy. My head was pounding. When I put my hand up to my head, it was swollen. Where Zach punched me I felt the most pain. 

"ow" I blurted out. I didn't mean for it to come out, it just did. I was still touching my head, when a voice spoke. 

"Are you okay?" I turned my head towards the voice and realized it was Jules. She had a disgusted look on her face while she spoke to me. "Yeah I'm fine. Why do you care" "Geez, I was just asking, no need to go all grinch on me" I rolled my eyes. Why does she always have something to say. Like what ever happens she always has to say something. 

Before I could say anything else I blacked out.

--

When I woke up, I was in a unfamiliar house. In some ones Living room, on a couch. I tried getting up but I had this throbbing pain in my head. It just came out of no where. "Woah be careful, you took a pretty big hit when you fell." I heard someone say. They helped me back on the couch, This time sitting up. 

The person sat right Infront of me on the floor, on their knees. My vision was still a bit blurry, but I managed to adjust them to the lighting. When I focused my eyesight I saw her. I saw Jules. She was applying something to a cotton ball and dabbing it on my head. "OW! That hurts!" I yelped. "Oh you'll be fine" She retorted. Even when some ones hurt she just has to say something doesn't she. Its getting annoying. and she's getting even more annoying. But I remembered the promise I made, so I just kept quite.